Save the Date

apainterxx44

Mouseketeer
So I am in the beginning stages of planning my Disney wedding. We are going to have a ceremony at House of Blues in Disney Springs with our lunch reception following at Morimoto Asia.

I am attempting to start my save the dates but I don't even know where to begin.

What did you include in yours as far as info for booking a hotel/package? Pre-RSVP? I like the idea of just a Fastpass magnet for the save the date but I'm assuming I will need more than just this since it's a destination wedding. Thank you!

I like the idea of a magnet too. Just the date and a link to your wedding website would be plenty. The website itself can have all of the pertinent information.

First of all- congrats! That sounds SO cool! What a fun idea! I've heard great things about the Morimoto Receptions : ) For ours, we did a postcard that I found on Etsy, and we had the date, where it was, and a link to our wedding website (you can make a free one- highly recommend that for a destination wedding! You could also do a facebook page and say something like "Like our page on facebook!" with the name of the page below it. Then put all relevant info there. That way you aren't trying to cram a bunch of info onto a save the date. I really like the magnet idea too!

We got one recently from a niece that just had a card and the date. No time, no place, not even a city. Kind of made me a little out of sorts. I knew the bride and groom weren't from the same town and had met in an entirely different one. Saving the wedding date was fine but according to where the wedding was taking place would also determine if we needed to save the date before and after as well. About 3 weeks later we got the announcement with the details and the wedding website, which had all the registry info. on it. So, please put at least a town and time on your save a date.

We also chose not to include a Pre-RSVP - I know they're helpful to some people, especially if you maybe have a very hard cut off in terms of how many guests you can afford, but we felt we had a good idea of how many people we could except (and we were right on the money, though not on the specifics of who!)

Ours included the date, WDW as the location, and the wedding website, which was already built to include the weekend itinerary, transportation info, room block, etc. As long as you have a decent website (and are prepared to answer questions from those that don't visit the website ;) ) you're good to go if you ask me!

I'm not sure how much our Pre-RSVP helped.

We had a website from weddingwire that people could sign up to.

35 out of our 153 said they were coming and came.
7 out of our 153 declined.
4 out of our 153 said they were coming but didn't come.
1 out of our 153 declined but we talked her into coming.
So essentially 1/3 of our pre RSVP worked.

Granted, we had help from a bunch of people asking if they were coming or not. There were no "surprises" the day of. I guess if you want to limit the amount of people you have to call, maybe it's worth it.

We are designing our save the date now as well! they are going to be cute but basic, with just a small amount of details, so so people know to have that time frame booked for us... Then later on we will send out more of a formal invite.

I love the Fastpass magnet for the save the date! That's awesome!

For my wedding I sent my save the dates along with an accommodation card that explained the hotels and airports. I also included our wedding website on the bottom of the accommodation card.

Wedding wire is AMAZING btw. There is an online RSVP option and an address book that was SUPER helpful before and after the wedding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter