Save Maelstrom!!! Please sign & share petition!

I enjoy Maelstrom. I don't LOVE it, and I have ridden in many times since I was a child. I am looking forward to something fresh.

I too am very confused by all of the sudden Maelstrom love as well....last week you could have read any number of threads complaining about how Maelstrom is a tier 1 ride and not deserving of such....(which I agree with but it is what it is)...now we need to save it? :confused3

I can deal with change. Interested to see how the new ride turns out. I think 18 month closure will hopefully signify more than just an overlay and hopefully a brand new experience. :goodvibes

Please sign this petition to try and save Maelstrom. Disney World is planning to replace this classic ride with a new Frozen attraction. I like Frozen as much as the next person, but don't see why it can't be put somewhere else. Please sign and share this petition. Thank you!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-maelstrom-2

Did it!!!

I agree. We are Frozen-obsessed, no doubt- but I would be HIGHLY disappointed if one of my favorite movies TOOK AWAY from a ride I know and love. I don't get why they can't just add on to Norway? There's plenty of room, and EPCOT could use an update here and there!!

PLEASE KEEP MAELSTROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pixiedust:

I suspect corporations like Disney view online petitions as little more than opinion polls....

Yep, and poorly designed opinion polls, at that (Disney does their own opinion polls that are, hopefully, both well designed and carefully applied). One researcher called those sorts of things SLOPS, which originally stood for "Self-selected Listener Oriented Public opinion Surveys" and is now applied to any survey that have no application to the population at large. In light of the number of people who go to the Disney parks, a petition with over 100,000 signatures still may not be meaningful, because it still represents only a tiny minority of the people Disney's trying to reach, plus a lot of people will express brief outrage over that sort of thing -- but still keep going to the parks.

If tons of people love the idea and are interested in the ride, the fact that it infuriates a minority enough to sign a petition isn't going to influence Disney any. Only if the number of people going to the parks falls will they start worrying about that sort of thing (and even then, there are a lot bigger potential culprits they'd look at first).

I enjoy Maelstrom, and hope Disney doesn't destroy what I like about it. But I'm also willing to take a wait and see approach. Maybe it'll be cool, I dunno.

shalom said:
Yep, and poorly designed opinion polls, at that (Disney does their own opinion polls that are, hopefully, both well designed and carefully applied).

I won't count on that. The one I filled out for MDE basically asked me if I thought it was pretty awesome, super awesome, or the most awesome experience of my life. Their reports of 90% satisfaction rates made me wonder how the 10% beat their poll.

If they announced Stitch was going away tomorrow, would people come out of the woodwork like this? Maelstrom hasn't seen this kind of love since, well...never.

In this thread and others there's been alot of mention how maelstrom was stale and the sentiment that people were bored with it. I'm not sure where that sentiment is coming from? :confused3 It doesn't make my top 5 list of rides, and not even my top 10, however it typically has the 3rd longest line in the park behind only soarin' and test track. At least the times I go in the fall. It seems that pleanty of people like it enough to wait 20-30 minutes to ride it.

Overall, I'm siding with the people that are sad to see it go, or at the very least to see it replaced with another cartoon based attraction. As an adult DVC owner who never had kids, I like that theres places in Disney more suited to adults. Not every attraction and area of the "world" has to come with it's own designated stoller parking area :p

When it comes to Disney, nothing is going to stop or even slow down the 'stupid' until they replace those making the decisions...right up to and including the king of the idiots...Iger.

Looking forward to the new Frozen ride! Even tho (gasp) I have never seen the movie or even listened to the 'Let it Go' song, lol.
And the area where the movie is shown would be great for an Anna/Elsa meet & greet.

I like Maelstrom and try to ride it every trip (just rode a couple weeks ago). Hate walking thru that gift shop tho.

fictional characters in Disney's interpretation of a classic tale. The movie in no way resembles the original Nordic tale, so I PRAY Disney is going to include a separate feature like Canada and China to tell the story of Norway, the country:mic: I'm even more upset by the decision to eliminate the Fife and Drum ensemble in America! ARE YOU KIDDING ME, this is a time honored tradition reflecting our nation's heritage and national pride. I was honored to stand and watch this group along with people of the world. Come On Disney! What are you thinking????:sad1: As veteran WDW travelers (and spenders $$$), you have just given us no reason to spend a Day 2 in EPCOT. We used the second day to catch all the little ensemble entertainers among the countries--now eliminated--and spend more $$. We will NOT be doing a day 2 this trip. Walt's legacy was education of the world around us, along with imagination of creative worlds; I feel you're getting out of balance and are minimizing the world as it is. Please highlight the COUNTRY--along with your latest blockbuster::yes::

Yep, and poorly designed opinion polls, at that (Disney does their own opinion polls that are, hopefully, both well designed and carefully applied).

Disney do opinion polls that are well designed, carefully applied, and scientifically accurate? :rotfl2:

They ask questions in such a way to achieve their desired results no matter how people respond.

I won't count on that. The one I filled out for MDE basically asked me if I thought it was pretty awesome, super awesome, or the most awesome experience of my life. Their reports of 90% satisfaction rates made me wonder how the 10% beat their poll.

Exhibit A of a Disney poll.

I suppose 10% either refused to complete the poll after seeing it, or declined to answer in the first place.

To be perfectly honest, most of us already know that a petition isn't going to save the ride. But if enough people show their support, we're making a statement to the company that says 'We don't like your idea and we don't like your greed'.

No need to pick on that, folks.

It's probably been a done deal for a long time. I highly doubt complaining on the internet will do anything.

I wish Disney would stop trying to make EPCOT into the MK. My husband and I do not have kids and we enjoy going to EPCOT and going through each country without being bombarded with kid "themed" everything. Chang is not always good.

I wish Disney would stop trying to make EPCOT into the MK. My husband and I do not have kids and we enjoy going to EPCOT and going through each country without being bombarded with kid "themed" everything. Chang is not always good.

walt_disney_quote.jpg

quote-times-and-conditions-change-so-rapidly-that-we-must-keep-our-aim-constantly-focused-on-the-future-walt-disney-51420.jpg

Was actually looking forward to riding Malestrom for the 1st tme in October. So sad I never got to experience it :(

It's called progress so on with the show.

Walt's promise.......things would change all the time.

I absolutely love this post. Bravo AllyBri, well said. This could be applied to many, many alleged issues people have with Disney.

My last trip was a few years ago and I really enjoyed the DIS. There was so much great advice and stories. There is still great advice and stories but I feel there is a more negative tone overall on the board. I may come back from my next trip feeling negative and have to eat crow.....but I doubt it!

I signed. I know it probably will not do any good but it never hurts to try.

I am all for updating and making changes but not when it compromises the theme of an area. World Showcase is supposed to be about cultures and Countries and adding Frozen to Norway is just not a good idea. It would fare better over in Hollywood Studios.

I have a sinking feeling that this might only be the beginning of the end for World Showcase the way we know it....

I signed. I know it probably will not do any good but it never hurts to try.

I am all for updating and making changes but not when it compromises the theme of an area. World Showcase is supposed to be about cultures and Countries and adding Frozen to Norway is just not a good idea. It would fare better over in Hollywood Studios.

I have a sinking feeling that this might only be the beginning of the end for World Showcase the way we know it....

I suggest people watch Frozen again, carefully this time. It's all Norway, even Akershus shows up if you look closely enough. Then read what the director and designers say. It would be a surprise to them that it's not Norwegian based.c

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter