Save Epcot!

Just curious which pavilion is always empty? :confused:

Imagination. In the last several trips, we have been the ONLY ones on the ride. Last time, the CM robotically pointed us to HISTA, but when we indicated we were going inside, he said, "Really???" and got a huge smile of relief on his face. There's usually a couple of people sending the face-mails, but there's never anyone at any of the other stations. The most I've seen in the shop is 8, not including us. Granted, we go at lower attendance times of the year, but it's quite sad.

Imagination. In the last several trips, we have been the ONLY ones on the ride... it's quite sad.

Yes, indeed.

The ghost of that downright tragic "upgrade" for the year 2000 has haunted them ever since.

All of that is not true, so please stop overgeneralizing and overexaggerating.

Besides, Gran Fiesta Tour is way better and maybe even more educational in showing off the Mexican country than El Rio del Tiempo.

Epcot is not being dumbed down. It's only being dumbed down because people like you think that it is. Epcot has not abandoned its mission to edutain--they're just doing it in new ways that are more accessible to kids and families. They want characters to teach them stuff, then so be it. And I, for one, am all for it.

So, in general, Epcot DOES NOT need to be saved! It's just fine as it is and it's doing better than ever now.

Sorry, but I totally disagree, what we see left in EPCOT, or Future World at least isnt anything new or exciting, whats educational about Soarin? or The Seas with Nemo? or a simulation of a simulation of a mars mission that looks like a video game?

I mean if you're really interested in how cars are tested then Test Track could be educational, but compared to the original Epcot? Sorry, I dont think its even close.

Sorry, but I totally disagree, what we see left in EPCOT, or Future World at least isnt anything new or exciting, whats educational about Soarin? or The Seas with Nemo? or a simulation of a simulation of a mars mission that looks like a video game?

I mean if you're really interested in how cars are tested then Test Track could be educational, but compared to the original Epcot? Sorry, I dont think its even close.

couldn't have said it better myself :thumbsup2

Also, in what way is Gran Fiesta in anyway educational about Mexico? Even in the slightest....

Since many of you miss the attractions of the old days of Epcot (and I'm not saying it's anything wrong with that, not in the LEAST) but if half of the park has very little if anything at all that you're interested in why continue to come back? No disrespect but Future World is HALF the park. What really is the pull that keeps you coming back visit after visit? Is it the hope that perhaps this visit will be the visit where all the magic of the old Epcot returns and all will be well again?

I'm really not poking fun I'm really interested in hearing why you continue to come back if you're so dissapointed in what it's become over the years. Me personally I loved the old Epcot and I love the new Epcot and I'm fine with the direction I believe it's heading in.

Toya

Since many of you miss the attractions of the old days of Epcot (and I'm not saying it's anything wrong with that, not in the LEAST) but if half of the park has very little if anything at all that you're interested in why continue to come back? No disrespect but Future World is HALF the park. What really is the pull that keeps you coming back visit after visit? Is it the hope that perhaps this visit will be the visit where all the magic of the old Epcot returns and all will be well again?

I'm really not poking fun I'm really interested in hearing why you continue to come back if you're so dissapointed in what it's become over the years. Me personally I loved the old Epcot and I love the new Epcot and I'm fine with the direction I believe it's heading in.

Toya

Very valid question. I go back because I enjoy the land, and SSE and I even like Nemo...but I wish they had not taken away the Living Seas. Epcot is probably my least favorite park, but I go still because my family still enjoys it, granted I am only 19, so I am not given much choice:lmao: I too miss all the old attractions and I find myself humming all the music from WOM and Horizons(the ride I miss most).

Toya

Oh no! Don't get me wrong, I love WDW. :goodvibes This trend at Epcot was a small pattern I started to notice and it was just really obvious to me this past trip. I still love all four parks.

While I still love Epcot, I'm just stating what I believe could make it better, and in my opinion, is returning to its roots. The parks are still great, but its always nice to critique and share opinions on something everyone on here is into. I'll deffinitely return (and probably always will) Its the passion I have for these parks that makes me keep coming back, and wanting them to be the best they can be.:yay:

Thank you for answering my question and not flaming me. Sometimes it can be really hard not to sound like to total smart @$$ over the keyboard. I enjoy when we can share opions and make coments that doesn't turn into "oh, how dare you say this or ask me that".

Toya

Thank you for answering my question and not flaming me. Sometimes it can be really hard not to sound like to total smart @$$ over the keyboard. I enjoy when we can share opions and make coments that doesn't turn into "oh, how dare you say this or ask me that".

Toya

no problem:goodvibes I know what you mean. I too have had similiar problems like that.

I love that I am listening to the World of Motion audio as I am writing this.
Anyway, I love EPCOT and consider it my favorite park. I do find that I am spending much of my time in World Showcase as many things in Futire World always have long lines due to the fact that they are the most popular things in the park. I love Soarin' and Living with the Land and Ellens Energy Adventure(pretty much my favorite. I think it screams EPCOT). But I don't really care too much for MS and TT.
And I really miss the old EPCOT with WOM and Horizons and WOL. The thing I don't like about the new big ticket attractions is that my parents can't really ride them. Though I am only 20, my parents are older (mom is 63 and dad is 58). My dad is one tough cookie but can't do MS or TT and my mom can only handle TT in small doses. What I really miss about EPCOT is that we used to all be able to get on EVERY attraction, well maybe not Body Wars, together. I would always go with my niece(who is 7 months OLDER) than me and we would always fight over who to sit with on Horizons and the WOM. :goodvibes .
I still love EPCOT and spend a good chunk of my vacation there and I do still get the same feeling when I step foot in the park I just don't think that it's as much family or future oriented as it once was.
And can I say that I am very excited that they are taking the hand off the globe. I think that will make us feel like at least something is back to normal.:thumbsup2

Epcot was and remains my favorite park, best food, some awesome rides and I love walking around the countries. That said, future world is now a little too much like any other park and the lines have blurred over what used to make Epcot stand out as an experience. As to my most recent trip, I would put it a solid 3rd on my fun factor, but its also the park I most look forward to coming back to.

Paging Robo, paging Robo...

Oh, I'm here lurking.

Not much point in joining this one.

I'll just throw out that we are actually now LIVING much of "the future" that WAS the old EPCOT Center.

I'm open for someone to suggest just what kind of "futuristic" devices they would demo at WS that would be of mass interest to today's techo-savvy guests.

Oh, I'm here lurking.

Not much point in joining this one.

I'll just throw out that we are actually now LIVING much of "the future" that WAS the old EPCOT Center.

I'm open for someone to suggest just what kind of "futuristic" devices they would demo at WS that would be of mass interest to today's techo-savvy guests.

Well.....what about more things like the Segway? That's just one of many things uncommon and yet still technologically advanced enough that we find excitement in the thought of a future with Segways in every driveway.

And flying cars. I want to see flying cars on showcase at Epcot.
But seriously Robo, you sound like the future is dead and all we have is the here and now.......I don't agree. There's got to be some creative new technology out there that Epcot could align itself with and be in on the cutting edge of tomorrow. The future certainly isn't dead but I think we're sometimes hard pressed to imagine it. Epcot can and should help us keep the dreams alive. :)

Well.....what about more things like the Segway? That's just one of many things uncommon and yet still technologically advanced enough that we find excitement in the thought of a future with Segways in every driveway.

...Robo, you sound like the future is dead and all we have is the here and now.......I don't agree. There's got to be some creative new technology out there...

Repeating... with the obvious stated.

...we are actually now LIVING much of "the future" that WAS the old EPCOT Center.
So those who wish they hadn't CHANGED the "old EPCOT Center" are asking that it be left OUTDATED.

Please read that WHOLE sentence. The last half is the hard part.

Now, why does anything at Epcot have to be educational? I don't go to WDW to learn anything. I go to be entertained, have fun and escape reality for a period. If I do happen to learn something new while I'm there, then that's a bonus. It's all about being entertained in the end isn't it? Epcot has a lot to offer. Don't over analyze it, enjoy it.

Epcot is evolving and I'm sure for the most part that the folks at Disney know what their guests want. Isn't park attendance on the upswing? They don't get it right each and everytime, but overall they do a pretty good job.

Although I still love roaming around World Showcase (even though they destroyed Mexico's ride), Future World is almost a bore. I like Test Track, and Soarin' is OK, but they've taken too much away. To me, the last straw was the gutting they did on The Living Seas. Disney just can't seem to update anything without making it into a kiddie or thrill ride. Unfortunately, Epcot has suffered the most because of this.

Mixed feelings on this.

There are bad changes and there are improvements.

I liked World of Motion better than Test Track.
But the Universe of Energy has improved.

I miss Horizons.
But the evening fireworks show is much better than the '80s.

The new "Imagination" is weak.
But Soarin' is a great addition.

I sort of agree with you about the Living Seas. Making it a "Nemo" display takes away from the general atmosphere. But the Living Seas really needed changes...the hydrolators were phoney, the obligatory entry movie was tedious and the sea cabs (a central part of the exhibit) had been taken out of service a long time ago and needed to be used.

Repeating... with the obvious stated.

...we are actually now LIVING much of "the future" that WAS the old EPCOT Center.
So those who wish they hadn't CHANGED the "old EPCOT Center" are asking that it be left OUTDATED.

Please read that WHOLE sentence. The last half is the hard part.

I dont believe that us EPCOT purists were asking them not to change the old attractions, but to update them when needed (which they didnt) or at least keep the same spirit in making new attractions...keeping the ideas that EPCOT stood for when it opened, futuristic, learning environment about the latest things happening in science, health, space, etc.

As for asking about what technology could we see coming soon? There's a lot of it, which I've covered before. The show on Discovery "2057" has a lot of things about technology thats being created and eventually we'll all use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter