Savanna view at Sanaa restaurant...

poteat_3177

Mouseketeer
Have reservations on Friday for Sanaa after the sunsets so we won't be able to see the animals/view. Is the view worth it? I want to make the most of my experience and am worried about that with it being dark and am wondering if I should just hold off on this place for a later date?

Recommendations? Sanaa just looks amazing! and I'm not a fan of buffett style restaurants. :/

We actually prefer the lunch menu at Sanaa. Our favorite thing is the Tandoori Chicken on Naan bread. When we eat there at dinner we even ask them to prepare that for us.

If you can change and go at lunch, you will be able to see the animals too.

thanks! Switched it to 12:55! :)

Now what to do for dinner that night! I plan on hanging out at animal kingdom most of the day but then skipping out towards hollywood studios for the mickey show (fantasmic ??). Any suggestions on where to eat? Hollywood studios doesn't seem to have any great options. (we've been to the sci-fi before). Someplace awesome but convenient/on the way.

I'm not sure what time AK closes, but Flame Tree BBQ at AK (QS) is great...you are going to want to get in line for Fantasmix approx 1 hour before showtime, so that doesn't leave much time between a 1-2pm lunch and start. I have the hardest time finding food at HS. Maybe a reservation after Fantasmic at 50's Prime time (TS)? I always enjoy the food and atmostphere/service there.

Sanaa is one of my favorites - you should see lots of animals out and about these days with the cooler weather!:goodvibes

How about Prime Time Cafe at HS?

Our Ratings of Sanaa: (rev 10/9/12)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: B
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: C
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: A
. . . character interaction: B (views of animals on savannah)

NOTE: Sanaa has good regional African food. Americanized, but
definitely more adventurous than other eateries. The menu is
shorter than other table service eateries, the wine list average,
but the quality of the food and presentation are high. An added
benefit is viewing animals on the Savannah during the meal (for
daylight hours). There's eight savannah window tables and six
more with good views. For lunch, try the Lamb Kefta open face
sandwich; for dinner, try the Durban Chicken and Durban Shrimp.
Don't miss out on the Banana Kulfi Sundae. For lunch or dinner,
get the salad sampler with three of the salads that can feed two
people. Have Kelli as your waitress as she is as-good-or-better
than many of the "signature" servers. Be aware items labeled as
"Durban" are highly spiced, and best washed down with cold milk!
It is out-of-the-way at AK (Kindani) Villas, but worth the drive.

We went to Sanaa at 8pm in September. We got there a little early and I really liked watching the animals through the night vision.

The staff were awesome but I wasn't too impressed with the food. I can't remember the name of what I had but the chicken was really fatty and the beef short ribs were tough. Not what I was expecting at all.

I'm willing to try it again on our next time but will go for something else on the menu.

We had an 8pm reservation at Sanaa. We couldn't see the animals of course, but after dinner we walked outside to the viewing area where there are CMs with night vision goggles to help you see the "savannah". We had the butter chicken and the lamb vindaloo which was excellent. Any bus to the AKL stops at both Jambo House and Kidani Village where Sanaa is located. We will definitely go there again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter