Saturday pool "incident"

tderonne

Mouseketeer
Ok, I know pictures were taken. I haven't seen any here yet.

Pool reminded me of the pool scene in Caddyshack before the incident, full, crazy. But when the lifeguards started clearing the pool, I felt like I was in the movie.

Maybe I missed pictures buried in another thread?

Went to the pool one day for a quick swim. Well turns out they were going to do a 'lifeguard test'. In the pool, playing dodgeball with me (I'm a rescue diver) were 3 paramedics from Ft. Lauderdale. Soooooo.....when the "drowning" happenned, the 4 of us were the first responders - not knowing it was a test! We were getting waved off by Mgt. and all the other pool goers were scared ****less!!!!!! Good going Disney!!!!

Darn it! I know there are pictures out there. I was standing by a guy who with a rather large group of who seemed to be regulars who was taking pictures.

I hope they show up. You'll have to see them. Lifeguards in purple latex gloves, with a net, and a yellow biohazard waste looking trash bag.

And yes, if you haven't concluded it already, to use the phrase from Caddyshack, Doodie!!!! Just needed Judge Smails yelling "I want the entire pool scrubbed, sterilized, and disinfected!" (Ok, the pool wasn't drained, and the offending item wasn't a Baby Ruth, but the idea is the same.)

My last trip there was an incident. I was waiting for my DD to come down the waterslide, and had positioned myself to make sure she got out of the way. She was not a strong swimmer, and was wearing a life jacket for safety.

Before DD came down, a very small girl came sliding down. She was a petite girl, and the current swept her along, but she was having serious trouble staying up. I looked up to see the lifeguard raising the whistle, and while she blew it and jumped in, I scooped up the child, and handed her over to the LG.

Not that the LG was in any way slow or inattentive, in fact quite the opposite! But, I was right there.

The little girl was fine after a few coughs, and the inattentive parents {and they were, it was noticable even before the incident} were surprised by the LG bringing the child back. Dont know what was said, but the LG spent some time talking to them...

OK i'm lost, so was there a drowning drill or poop in the pool, or both ?

From what I gather, there was a drowning drill, but because Disney failed to warn the guests, it scared the poop out of a few . :rotfl2:

OK i'm lost, so was there a drowning drill or poop in the pool, or both ?

I believe the current thread is talking about something (poop:scared1:)in the pool. The situation Discamper was posting about happened quite awhile ago because he has posted it before. I haven't figured out yet how it applies to the current "poop" situation.:confused3:confused3 However, Beagles7278 might be on to something!!!

From what I gather, there was a drowning drill, but because Disney failed to warn the guests, it scared the poop out of a few . :rotfl2:

Sounds like it turned into a clean sweep. Is it possibe to sweep underwater?

I was there, without getting too graphic, more of a poop sheen. Foods too rich I guess. half hour of clean up and a Pool Shock Treatment, Pool back open. I decided to Sunbathe. Life Guards were quick and tried to entertain the waiting kids with an extended version of Simon Says (must be in the Disney Handbook).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter