• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Saratoga Springs ???

johnnymosh

Earning My Ears
Anyone bacl from a stay at Saratoga? I was there to paly golf last month and it seems like the construction is a pain in the ****.... what do you think??? how was the food court, how were the rooms, the buses. etc?????? thanks

Construction is not a factor of enjoyment of this resort. It may obscure a bit of the view, but that is easily rectified by changing your location.

I found the buses slow.

I found the foodcourt severly limited in choices for someone who needs to follow the low carb (good carb, more accurately) nutritional approach.

It is a nice resort and I'll use my points to stay there again, but I would like to see a full service restaurant.

The hidden gem of this resort is the Turf Room.

The buildings that are currently open are away from the construction - so driving to your room isn't real pretty, but once you get there, the buildings and the landscaping are gorgeous.

My one problem with SSR is it's location. If you like to spend a lot of time at Downtown Disney, it's terrific. But otherwise, it's a LONG way from the parks. Even though OKW is right next door, it feels like a much shorter drive to the parks.

I really liked the pools - both the themed pool, and my quiet pool. If I wanted a vacation where I was just going to get away from it all and relax, I might well want to rent here again.

Can't comment on the food court. Check-in was quiet, and efficient. As a big fan of hardwood floors, I like the main building.

My husband and I stayed at SSR in late August. We found the buss transportation to be THE BEST we have ever had. We almost thought is was so good because of them "selling" the resort. Our waits were usually in the 1 - 3 minute range. We only waited 10 minutes or so once and that was for DTD...go figure!

We did not eat in the food court, but it did smell really good.

The rooms were very comfy. Housekeeping was not the best we have had and not the worst. Just okay.

The pools were very nice. We used the quiet pool every day and the main pool just once.

The construction did not bother us. The rooms that are open are in areas that are complete. So you don't have to walk in a "construction zone".

is it easy, or just as convienient to use the bus transportation at DD... it seems like it would be a very short walk....... that way you could travel easily to the other resorts as well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter