Saratoga Springs or Old Key West ?

RalphMouth

<font color=teal>Obviously freaky things always ca
If these were your two choices which one would you stay at and why?

OMG, Saratoga Springs is excellent. We are heading ro SSR at on Memorial Day weekend and we asked for a first floor room in the section @ SSR nearest to Downtown Disney. We can walk right out the patio door and over to the marketplace. Busses are pretty quick. The Turf Club resturant is very good also.

Definately SSR...it has the perfect pool for kids and its location next to DTD, really expand your dining and entertainment options! The units may not be as large as OKW, but they are new and very nicely appointed.

Having stayed at both I think it depends on your group's specific needs. Weigh the pros and cons. ;)

We love OKW because of the beautiful setting, it really feels like a vacation to us, and the rooms are large. We haven't had any issues there with the buses, and we enjoyed the pool and Gurgling Suitcase! :) The only downside is that our kids don't really like it, I'm not sure why, I think to them it isn't whimsical enough. So it comes across as more of an adult place. Which is why we are staying there this summer for our anniversary trip without kids. :goodvibes

We also love SSR because of the awesome pool, perfect playgrounds for kids, close proximity to DTD, and the beautiful rooms. However we had horrible nightmare-ish bus experience there which really keeps me from loving the resort. We would wait, and wait, and wait until finally giving up and driving to the parks. Which we hate doing. We would wait so long that we'd say to ourselves we'd take ANY bus that comes!! :lmao:

Whichever you choose have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

We've stayed at both. As TigrLvsPooh says, it really depends on what's most important to you.

My group has stayed together in both in 2 bedroom condos (twice at each resort). Out of the 6 of us, 4 prefer OKW, 2 would say SSR.

OKW is so much more private. To me, the best thing about this resort is the balconies. 6 people can sit on the balcony together. Our balcony has always had a lot of trees around it and it felt like we were the only ones there. We've spent a lot of time on those balconies. We also liked the layout of the condos and how you felt like you had a private entrance rather than walking down the hallways like you have at SSR. And the rooms are noticeably larger.

SSR is newer. The rooms do not show as much wear. The room decor/theming is nicer. Slight edge to the pool area here although my kids like the pool at OKW just as much. Having a spa on site is really nice. It is closer to DTD but OKW also has boat service to DTD, same as SSR.

Bus service definitely better at OKW. I believe we have actually lost years of our lives waiting on busses at SSR.

I would pick OKW because of the larger rooms and more relaxed atmosphere.

SSR because it's newer and teh pool there is great.

But if you want a bigger room, go with OKW. :)

x

OKW is my vote for sure! There's something about the atmosphere there...I don't know if the landscaping at SSR is just not mature enough but to me, it just seems a bit too sprawling and somewhat tree-less. OKW is older and maybe the landscaping has just matured, but we just love the views. There are very few rooms with a 'bad' view. The rooms are enormous. Once you stay in a room at OKW, the rest of the DVC properties feel somewhat cramped. The busses are great--we've had no problems. Good luck with your decision!

Having stayed at both, I would usually go for SSR over OKW, because it is newer. Neither to me has a "Disney" feel to it, because they are such large resorts, I always feel isolated. I know to many that is a good thing, but for me, I like feeling like I am in the middle of the action as I do at Beach Club or Boardwalk. However, I love staying in the Congress Park section of SSR with a DTD view. Being a golfer, I also like being able to walk to the pro shop at LBV while staying at SSR....:thumbsup2

OKW because I like the setting and decor and the location

I'd go with OKW. It's one of my absolute favorites. The rooms are larger and I just love the atmosphere.

If you are going for a studio, I would do OKW with a family (two queen beds) and SSR with a couple (queen bed and sofa).

For a 1 bedroom, OKW has larger rooms and balconys, SSR is newer.

We've stayed at both. As TigrLvsPooh says, it really depends on what's most important to you.

SSR is newer. The rooms do not show as much wear. The room decor/theming is nicer. Slight edge to the pool area here although my kids like the pool at OKW just as much. Having a spa on site is really nice. It is closer to DTD but OKW also has boat service to DTD, same as SSR.

Bus service definitely better at OKW. I believe we have actually lost years of our lives waiting on busses at SSR.

Is the bus service at SSR that bad ? We'll be there in 14 days with DS (4) and EDW (expecting disney wife :cool1: ) and am hoping it's not as bad as I've heard.

TIA

We always had excellent bus service at SSR. Now I can't comment on which resort is best because I haven't stayed at OKW yet - just give me 20 more days to find out.

Regina

My family hasn't stayed at SSR, but we absolutely loved our stay at OKW. The rooms were great, the service was good, and we never had any trouble with the buses. We really like Olivia's and ate there a couple of times while we stayed. My mom went over to SSR for the spa, and she thought it was very nice as well.

OKW because of room size and busses. I wouldn't worry about buses because you can have a bad experiance at any resort especially if you are waiting until the park closes and then waiting for the bus. You wait for all then. Okw seems to have a better bus system or is it they have more of them? Has anyone complained to the resort? I know alot of us tell our horror stories we have had but did we complain about it. I realize they also or can't rectify the problem then but enough complaints will change the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter