Saratoga Springs or Old Key West Deluxe Studio

40ariel

Mouseketeer
We have stayed in a Saratoga Springs refurbished deluxe studio but not at Old Key West. I am considering an Old Key West Deluxe Studio for our next trip but am unsure of the following:
-the safe doesn't appear to be digital so we would need to carry around a key
-the balcony does not appear to be private - the 1 bedroom studio living room is adjacent and we really enjoy sitting on our balcony on vacation
-tv appears to be quite small

However, the positives for OKW deluxe studio
-appears to be be larger in square footage
-has two queen sized beds with a separate table which is great for breakfast.
-larger balcony

I would appreciate any input or opinions, pros and cons. Thanks!

** Edited to add that lack of elevators is not an issue for us.

I love the vibe of OKW but won’t stay in a studio there again. The connecting door’s location is terrible for noise. We had what I would consider a normal/quiet family next to us and the noise drove me crazy. Worst I’ve experienced at WDW.

I thought the balcony was fine, tv is small.

My Mom and I stayed in an OKW studio fairly often. They CAN be noisy, but that will certainly vary depending upon who is in the connected one bedroom. Most of the time, for us, they were fine. We were both early risers, and we heard a young child playing next door, then the OKW News sheet they handed out at check-in was suddenly appearing and disappearing under the connecting door. So I played with the kid and grabbed it. I heard the kid take a deep breath of surprise, like they'd been caught with their hand in the cookie jar. Then I slowly started sliding it back under the door. The kid grabbed it and we never heard another peep. They were probably thinking there was a monster in the closet. LOL

Last edited:
The rooms are definitely larger and we loved the relaxed vibe of the resort, but I did find that you could hear your neighbors and for our family the real killer was that the vanity area of the bathroom is not separate from the shower and toilet. We really need a space for our DD12 to get ready while someone else is in the shower.

I love the vibe of OKW but won’t stay in a studio there again. The connecting door’s location is terrible for noise. We had what I would consider a normal/quiet family next to us and the noise drove me crazy. Worst I’ve experienced at WDW.

I thought the balcony was fine, tv is small.
Good to know the balcony was fine for you.
The rooms are definitely larger and we loved the relaxed vibe of the resort, but I did find that you could hear your neighbors and for our family the real killer was that the vanity area of the bathroom is not separate from the shower and toilet. We really need a space for our DD12 to get ready while someone else is in the shower.
I forgot that the vanity is not separate from the shower and toilet. Having it separate does make it easier when everyone is getting ready.

They used to have a small mirror over the kitchenette sink. I don;t know why they removed it during the last refurbishment. It was great for shaving while someone else was in the bathroom It was a practical alternative to having a separate vanity.

Our OKW con is the crunchy area where the kitchenette, the closet and the bathroom entrance are all in the same 4 foot area. I don't remember the safe key issue but the veranda is private.

At OKW, the veranda being private is a matter of luck with who you have next door. Sometimes, you get someone who leaves the blinds closed on the windows facing the studio balcony and privacy is fine - but if you get someone who likes to open those blinds and sit on those couches, they're looking right over to you anytime they want.

Then again, most Saratoga studio verandas aren't really 'private' either - unless you have a studio which has walls to either side and a covered/boxed balcony, you're generally visible to anyone on neighboring balconies, and depending on layout, sometimes facing another building where rows of rooms are looking towards you.

When I stay in a studio, I'm usually solo - so I prefer having a bed and a couch - that's one main reason I don't often stay in an OKW studio...the two queens just isn't as convenient for lounging around the room - I either sit on the bed, or at the table...no couch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter