Saratoga Springs Manager contact information

I don't know what the outcome is, and frankly it's not my business, but...

How can they possibly replace an experience like that? For me that would have wrecked the entire trip.

Their remedy is to charge outrageous prices so they can comp people who complain, instead of fixing the room.
I'm betting the room is still in the same condition and they are pawning it off on someone hoping they don't complain. If they do, they'll start with fast passes and hope for the best.

MG
Im also glad the OP is happy.

i was thinking, A lot of people fondly recall their 1st car. Not because their 1st car was reliable and luxurious, but because they had fun going places with friends, despite a questionable vehicle.

Hopefully no one else has to deal with such a questionable DVC room, but I'm glad some can still enjoy other experiences despite very major issues.

What's the outcome? If you post going through all the issues, please tell us what happened. Did you get a proportion of points back?

DVC doesn't control Disney resorts in fact they have the same impact as you do. I was once told by member satisfaction that they would call the resort about my issue but that I might have better luck if I called the resort manager.

DVD, the sales center has zero to do with Disney resorts and little to do with MS. You guide might not even work there, they may work from home or from the DVD/DVC building in Celebration. Making a scene there might get you removed from Disney property by security.

:earsboy: Bill

Trust me... You walk into any sales center and start talking about the problems you are having in your room and you will get action.

And do you really think they want the potential buyers to see "security" involved because you are unhappy your room has black mold. Oh yeah, that would certainly encourage me to buy LOL!

Trust me... You walk into any sales center and start talking about the problems you are having in your room and you will get action.

And do you really think they want the potential buyers to see "security" involved because you are unhappy your room has black mold. Oh yeah, that would certainly encourage me to buy LOL!

You walk into the sales center talking about being unhappy with your room. They invite you into another room to help you. They can either call the resort or call security. You don't take money from the mouse. You don't see people getting removed by security. You don't know how many people have been banned from Disney property.

:earsboy: Bill

Apparently you folks are nicer then I am when I get really mad. The car repair place tried that

I nicely told the guy that there was NO need for me to go into the back room that what he needed to do was come out to MY car. I had no intention of leaving the "public" environment so they could shut me up.

And it worked.

And I did this at Disney at OKW. They tried to push me aside. I smiled at the desk agent and said "I am standing right here in front of your desk until you bring out someone who can handle this situation, I am not moving aside so you can forget about me, you already did that twice" When the manager came out he tried the "come over here and discuss this" I smiled and said "oh there's no need to go anywhere, you can just find me a room that's clean and ready" (the room they tried to give me was still dirty, no sheets on the bed, no towels etc.. it was rather bizarre and when I called they kept telling me "the room shows clean" LOL!)

CSR was actually the most entertaining. I actually finally turned around and asked the other guests if they wanted to trade rooms with me as Disney thought mine with NO power and no way to get power until the next day was acceptable....at that point the CM got the point and went to find a manager..

You aren't going to get banned because Disney gave you a room without power or that's not cleaned. Quit trying to scare people into swallowing the "Disney can do no wrong Kool aide"

I do have a friend who is a guide and he routinely helps his "customers" out when the show up or call to complain. They just drop by the sales location and he comes out to assist. It's called "customer service" something the OP did not receive and some of you seem to think is much to much to expect! LOL!

(Now the guest I saw who threatened to break the CMs legs because his favorite villa wasn't assigned to him, hopefully he got banned. But if Disney banned everyone who has complained it would be a PR nightmare LOL And at least several posters on here who have probably pitched the "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I PAID" fit would be gone. That one is always entertaining and usually being done when they don't get their way)

Last edited:
A very public melt down in the lobby does wonders for bringing the highest ranking person on duty in a resort out to see you. I know, because my wife did it. Tears and all. We were given a better room immediately, and found a gift tray in the room when we returned from the parks that afternoon. The Mouse doesn't want other guests to see "unhappy/upset guests" in the resort lobby.

I am glad you are satisfied with the outcome. You however did not speak to the GM of SSR if it was a male. The GM is female.

My guess would be manager of guest relations which honestly is better than speaking to the GM.

Those nasty jets are why the tubs are being removed. If you think it's bad on the outside I can assure you it is worse on the inside.

I spoke to a Bill Thompson. I just googled him and LinkedIn states his the GM as well:

Bill Thompson
General Manager, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Industry
Hospitality
Current
  1. Walt Disney World
Previous
  1. Walt Disney World

I don't know what the outcome is, and frankly it's not my business, but...

How can they possibly replace an experience like that? For me that would have wrecked the entire trip.

Their remedy is to charge outrageous prices so they can comp people who complain, instead of fixing the room.
I'm betting the room is still in the same condition and they are pawning it off on someone hoping they don't complain. If they do, they'll start with fast passes and hope for the best.

MG

They can't replace an experience like that. I was refunded all of my points (405). I did not let it wreck my trip. Was I furious while I was there, YEP, was I exhausted from dealing with the Front Desk, House Keeping and Maintenance, YEP, but I was not going to let it ruin my trip. I was there with my family (Husb, Son, DIL, 2 grandchildren, other son and his girlfriend). We enjoyed our experience outside of our room. It was an extreme hassle dealing with everyone that I did and Mr. Thompson was very gracious on the phone. I do not believe he paid me lip service. I have been going to Disney for 23 years and I have met my fair share of wind blowers. I wasn't expecting anything more than my points back. No one was injured or harmed. Just inconvenienced, BIG TIME inconvenienced, but I was not going to ask for anything additional beyond my points.

They can't replace an experience like that. I was refunded all of my points (405). I did not let it wreck my trip. Was I furious while I was there, YEP, was I exhausted from dealing with the Front Desk, House Keeping and Maintenance, YEP, but I was not going to let it ruin my trip. I was there with my family (Husb, Son, DIL, 2 grandchildren, other son and his girlfriend). We enjoyed our experience outside of our room. It was an extreme hassle dealing with everyone that I did and Mr. Thompson was very gracious on the phone. I do not believe he paid me lip service. I have been going to Disney for 23 years and I have met my fair share of wind blowers. I wasn't expecting anything more than my points back. No one was injured or harmed. Just inconvenienced, BIG TIME inconvenienced, but I was not going to ask for anything additional beyond my points.
If you're happy that truly is all that matters, regardless of what anyone else thinks.

MG

I spoke to a Bill Thompson. I just googled him and LinkedIn states his the GM as well:

Bill Thompson
General Manager, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

Industry
Hospitality
Current
  1. Walt Disney World
Previous
  1. Walt Disney World

You are right, I called to find out when it changed. Feb. of this year. He is a great guy. Used to be GM at the Yacht and Beach.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter