Saratoga Springs Compliment during Frances

KM2004

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I don't know if anyone else posted about their experience at SSR during Frances but I thought i'd give in my 2 cents.

Preparing for the hurricane, they closed the Palette, tied down the trees the best they could, tied down the chairs, and hoped for the best. They (Disney, not just SSR), kept their guests content by showing movies 24 hours a day during the hurricane (Lilo and Stitch, Finding Nemo, Monsters inc, the rookie, Mulan, Peter Pan, and other movies), which was nice (I never watched so much television in my life :) ) Anyway, we were stuck indoors with precautionary voice messages telling us to stock up because everything will be closed during the storm.

Once they deemed safe to open the Palette (Sunday night, reminents of Frances still lurking), they left messages to everyone to come and enjoy the limited menu, which we definitely did (boy was it crowded). To liven up the mood, they had Stitch, Mickey, Pooh, and Eeyore (sp?) cheer up the kids and adults alike.

After the storm had come and gone, i'd say about 10 - 15 percent of their trees were blown down. Some structural damage was present (lamps, fences, etc...) but the resort held up fine. No power outages or any other problems (that we incurred anyway).

Unfortunately for us, our flights were cancelled twice, having to stay at SSR for an extra 3 nights, but there are worse things than being stuck at SSR :)

Thanks for the post! I was wondering how my home resort made out. It's good to know how SSR and Disney tried to make the best they could out of another bad situation. Glad everyone stayed safe. Welcome back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter