Saratoga Springs bus service

GrammieMame

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
We are staying at SSR with a couple of cars. Trying to figure out whether to takes buses to the theme parks or should take our cars. I know it's better to take the bus to MK and we do plan on driving to the water parks. Our plan is to be there when the parks open and stay till around 12:00 or so. have a break and then go back to the parks later in the day. Would appreciate any advice

I'd drive in the mornings so that I could come back to the resort when I was ready for the afternoon break. Buses mid-day can be a bit scarce. I'd take the bus back to the parks so that I didn't' have to drive on unfamiliar roads in the dark or near park close when the roads are much busier and I'm tired.

The only downside to staying at SSR is the bus service to the parks. I would drive to the parks as you won't be charged for parking.

We haven't had any big complaints with the bus service at SSR unless we're in one of the last bus stops - but we usually try to get into Grandstand which is the first stop. We drive on our longer summer trips but still only tend to use the car to go to water parks or out to the store once for supplies. We drove to Epcot a time or two for dinners and were able to up close enough to get decent spots but it was not necessary to drive. When we fly we just use DME and do not rent a car. We have made it fine using the buses & water taxi (to Disney Springs).

Thanks! That's a relief! We are checking into SSR today. We don't have a car and this is our first time at SSR. Was going to request Congress for its proximity to a quiet pool and shorter walk to DS. Would Grandstand be a good choice as well? Thanks again!

Thanks! That's a relief! We are checking into SSR today. We don't have a car and this is our first time at SSR. Was going to request Congress for its proximity to a quiet pool and shorter walk to DS. Would Grandstand be a good choice as well? Thanks again!

We have stayed at SSR a few times and the bus service is hit or miss. One trip it seemed like we waited 20 - 30 minutes for every bus. On another trip, it was only a 5 or 10 minute wait. Hopefully you will be blessed with the 5-10 minute wait time!! :)

Grandstand or The Springs would be the next closest to DS. Congress Park is definitely the closest and that is where we always request to stay. We like the flexibility to just walk over to DS whenever we want and not have to wait for a bus or boat. Have a great trip!

We are staying at SSR with a couple of cars. Trying to figure out whether to takes buses to the theme parks or should take our cars. I know it's better to take the bus to MK and we do plan on driving to the water parks. Our plan is to be there when the parks open and stay till around 12:00 or so. have a break and then go back to the parks later in the day. Would appreciate any advice

Play it by ear when you get there. If you find you are waiting forever for busses during a particular time, then plan to drive during those times for the rest of your stay. We've had sporadic luck with the busses at SSR. Some trips they have been awful, some trips they have been good.

We have used both the buses and our van. Having your own vehicle has its perks if you go to the water parks it is nice to have. If you want to go out of the WORLD to eat or shop it is nice. However, if you are planning on staying OUT LATE at the parks, I say use the buses. We have enjoyed having our van if we are leaving the parks at 9 or even 10 but not if we are doing EMH at night. We always take the bus to MK. When we stat at SSR we always request Grand Stand because the buses stop there first when picking up and dropping off. :)

Here now. We have not had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus to the parks. Returning to the resort, our waits have been a little longer. The average wait has been 20-30 minutes.

The only downside to staying at SSR is the bus service to the parks. I would drive to the parks as you won't be charged for parking.

If you are staying on property you don't pay for parking at the parks.

I agree with ttepsich, we never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus, often less than that. We were in Congress Park. In the mornings there were extra buses added and we found we were at MK in 15 minutes. The bus drop off is quicker at MK than driving since you park at the TTC and still need transportation to MK, I would bus to MK every time versus driving.

From OKW, I generally drive everywhere except to/from MK. I will also take the bus in the evening if I"m planning on a second BEvERage with dinner. I would probably do the same from SSR.

I personally think the bus service at all the resorts is good including SSR. Everyone at times will have a delay or get to the bus stop as the bus they need is pulling out. But over all very efficient for as many buses as they run. Unless we are going to another resort to dine, we never use our car for a park.

IMO don't think the buses are bad, it's just some are more in a hurry than others and feel more in control with a car. For me I am on vacation and in no hurry at all.

Disney states the buses run every 20 minutes and we have found that to be true, I just think some think 20 minutes is a long time to wait, not me. Also as I said if you walk up just as your bus leaves, you have to wait the full rotation time.

I would rather sit at a bus stop and wait than deal with taking my car, having to park it and then get into the park from the parking lot versus the Disney bus stop. Also I have seen how those people drive in those parking lots and the way they beat up other cars with doors and strollers. I like leaving mine parked at the resort.

Last edited:
At SSR We prefer grandstand it's the first bus stop. If we just missed the bus we wanted we walk over to the springs bus stop (3 minute walk) and we can get on the bus we just missed since the springs is the last stop. It works every time

Grandstand is a good choice for bus service. It's the first stop in the resort, so you're virtually assured of a seat since the bus arrives empty. The only small drawback to this is that you then have to make stops at all the other sections of the resort before you're on your way to a park, but it really doesn't take long. And you'll be really glad you got on at the Grandstand on a very busy morning, when the bus gets to the fourth stop and can't take any more passengers because it's full. Grandstand is also obviously the first spot to be dropped off, which is great at the end of the day when you're tired and just want to get to your room. It's also right next to the Carriage House and has it's own very nice pool area, with a snack bar. The bus service at SSR is no better or worse than at any other resort, since the buses are dispatched from a central point, and no resort has any control over how often buses come.

At SSR We prefer grandstand it's the first bus stop. If we just missed the bus we wanted we walk over to the springs bus stop (3 minute walk) and we can get on the bus we just missed since the springs is the last stop. It works every time

we were just there and did the same. if we saw a bus as we were walking and couldn't tell what it was we just walked to the springs --- we would beat that same bus and likely 3 more -- usually one was good for us :) then first dropped off was KEY at night :)

We've stayed three times...First time we were the last bus stop and it was terrible...Many times buses were filled to the brim when they arrived and we needed to wait upwards of 30 minutes at times. Second and third time we stayed at Grandstand, first on the way to parks, first off on the way home from the parks. Easy walk and boat ride to Springs!

The Springs stop is the worse. I think I would walk to either the Grand Stand stop or the Paddock instead of waiting for 30 minutes.

we were just there and did the same. if we saw a bus as we were walking and couldn't tell what it was we just walked to the springs --- we would beat that same bus and likely 3 more -- usually one was good for us :) then first dropped off was KEY at night :)
Did they have the bus arrival display screens working while you were there? We were home in May and the screens were installed but not online yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter