Saratoga Springs 2 Bedroom Question

Sammie

DIS Veteran
What is the configuration for the 2nd bedroom as to beds?
2 Queens or Queen and Sofa Bed?

Well, I checked at the SSR part of the DVC website, and the results are, er, inconclusive. For a 2BR Villa, the text says:

"One-Bedroom Villas have a master suite, living room, kitchen, and private porch or balcony. Accommodates four adults.
Two-Bedroom Villas provide an additional bedroom with a private bath and two queen-size beds. Accommodates eight adults"

But if you look at the floor plan, the Studio (2nd BR) appears to have one queen bed and one sleeper - there's a sofa with dotted lines indicating a pull-out.

Based on what I've read about other DVC resorts, my best guess would be one queen bed, one queen sofa bed.

I'll let you know for sure at the end of May!;)

I'm simply repeating what I read here elsewhere (and cannot cite the source), but someone had previously stated that the dedicated 2Bs would have two queen beds while the lockoffs (1B + Studio) would have the One Queen + Sofabed setup.

Unless I'm wrong, I believe this is the setup at BCV as well.

Makes sense to me--if you've got a dedicated 2B, I have to think most people would be satisfied with the sofa in the living room and not need one in Bedroom #2 as well.

OK, Mr. Smarty-SSR-Pants! ;)

What tjkraz says makes sense - they just don't show the dedicated/lock-off floor plans on the site.

I have a reservation in Dec 2004 and booked a 2 bedroom villa. When I called DVC they stated I had a 2 bedroom lockoff unit, which is a one bedroom connected to a studio. After several calls I finally spoke to someone who changed my reservation to a dedicated 2 bedroom villa, which has two queen beds in the second bedroom.

So depending on what type room you get your 2 bedroom villa could be a 2 bedroom dedicated (two queen beds) or 2 bedroom connected with studio (queen with pull out sofa).

Good luck!

Originally posted by russct
I have a reservation in Dec 2004 and booked a 2 bedroom villa. When I called DVC they stated I had a 2 bedroom lockoff unit, which is a one bedroom connected to a studio. After several calls I finally spoke to someone who changed my reservation to a dedicated 2 bedroom villa, which has two queen beds in the second bedroom.

So depending on what type room you get your 2 bedroom villa could be a 2 bedroom dedicated (two queen beds) or 2 bedroom connected with studio (queen with pull out sofa).

Good luck!

Thanks I thought this was the case.

It's been talked around but let me add. As at VWL, the 2 BR dedicated will have the 2 queen beds and the 2 BR lockoff will have a queen plus pull out FULL. This was supposed to be the way it was at BCV but they messed it up and ended up with about 25 2 BR dedicated with two queens and the other 50 or so with a queen and pull out queen. The lockoff's at BCV still have a pull out full.

Originally posted by jekjones1558
What about 2 bedroom units at BWV? Are they all lock-off so bed/sofa units?
That's right. BWV is all lockoff's (2 BR) with a queen plus pull out full. They do have dedicated studio and 1 BR units though and many (not sure if all) the dedicated studios are "studio plus" units which have a small "day bed" more like a bench.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter