Saratoga needs some attention...

mndisfam

DIS Veteran
We are currently staying at a two bedroom in the Paddock.

Our unit is showing some real wear and tear. The sliding glass door to the balcony is broken and doesn't slide anymore - you have to pull it up and along.

The remotes are so bad its REALLY hard to change channels, volume, etc. The family room sofa is very uncomfortable and makes loud squeaky noises whenever you shift your position. The A/C thermostat doesn't work, but the A/C is staying on, thank goodness.

None of these are deal breakers, of course. While some of the furniture looks pretty bad, other things have been replaced and look great. The carpets are in good condition, along with the bathroom and fixtures. Our unit seems immaculate. The view is beautiful.

The grounds of the resort truly get more gorgeous each year, and are beautifully landscaped. The Paddock Pool seems to get better each year in terms of food, ambience, towel service and service. But ... the lounge chairs are in pretty bad shape and sag quite a bit and some have rips.

The gym is in great shape, but yesterday after working out, all of the towels smelled badly of mold. But, there were a lot available and they were organized very neatly.

Kind of a mixed bag. None of it rises to a level of "bad" and I am not worried Saratoga is going "downhill." But it does seem inconsistent ... E.g., gorgeous patio with an amazing view but patio door is broken.

The remotes might just need new batteries

The patio door might just need adjustment (usually you can adjust roller height, and it sounds like they are way too low)

Report the problems by going to the front desk. How can the furniture look pretty bad and the unit seem immaculate?

:earsboy: Bill

I'd also think new batteries for the remote. I'd call housekeeping for those. And I'd make the call to maintenance on the slider. As mentionedm the rollers may just need an adjustment or the wheels need replacing. I would not assume that they even know about it and a phone call is easy. For the pool chairs - an email to member services either now or after your trip.

Personally, I would not bother with going to the front desk. It's easier to call directly and who knows what might distract the front desk from reporting it too.

You need to report the things that can be fixed such as the remotes (batteries...we did this last trip over at OKW) the sliding door and such.

SSR should be due for a full rehab. They opened after BCV and they are in the middle of one.

SSR got a soft goods rehab that wrapped up early last year. There is wear and tear - so please do report it. I'm a little leery of saying it needs a full rehab based on results to date; I don't want my studios to sleep 5 and I don't want slippery floors.

You should report to the front desk (so you don't end up in a call center somewhere) and to DVC member services. I've found that some units in some buildings seem perfectly maintained while others aren't. Last year we stayed at Old Key West and on the last day, the shower facuet handle came off in my DH's hand. We laughed a little about it but we took it to the front desk for immediate attention. The woman at the front desk was horrified and called someone to fix it immediately.

I experienced the same last week with AC & Patio Door! Also toaster didn't work, kitchen sink clogged and jacuzzi tub stopper wouldn't work. Washing machine tub Basin was extremely loose. They also never did midweek towel exchange. Hallway by unit (5545 Paddock) could use a paint job or pressure wash. On plus side, outside grounds were super nice and pool area was well kept

I experienced the same last week with AC & Patio Door! Also toaster didn't work, kitchen sink clogged and jacuzzi tub stopper wouldn't work. Washing machine tub Basin was extremely loose. They also never did midweek towel exchange. Hallway by unit (5545 Paddock) could use a paint job or pressure wash. On plus side, outside grounds were super nice and pool area was well kept

FYI - If the patio door isn't closed, the AC won't operate.

:earsboy: Bill

I never leave doors open, I live in FL lol im talking at night AC would drop down to where we were freezing and during the day it was hot and sticky in the room. Only time we sat outside was in the morning for coffee. It had nothing to do with how AC worked. AC would be set on 74 and read 80 in unit or read 65...it clearly wasn't working properly

I'm a little leery of saying it needs a full rehab based on results to date; I don't want my studios to sleep 5 and I don't want slippery floors.

I think they don't have much of an incentive to intruduce the 5th bed. In shared resort boosting DVC attendance allows them to charge more to members for common areas usage (that's the excuse they gave for the spike in MF for BLT. I expect a spike at BCV soon). At SSR it's already all paid by members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter