Sarah & Benjamin's PJ - 9/27/10 - WP/ADH

slamber3

Earning My Ears
Hi There!

I am new to this forum but have found myself obsessively looking at everyone's PJ and couldn’t help but make one! My fiancé and I are recently engaged and cannot wait to get married in Disney World!

A Little Background
My Fiancé and I met in high school and became inseparable! He was a Disney Virgin when I met him but my family was quick to change that! Two years in he came with us and it has stuck with him ever since! We are going on four and a half years together and I cannot wait for more to come!!

The Proposal:

This past September, we went with a group of our friends to Disney. It just so happened to be our four year anniversary while we were down there. I had always told my fiancé that I wanted to visit the wedding pavilion so he promised me we would do it on our anniversary! Walking through the pavilion was so beautiful! As I came to the window that overlooks Cinderella’s Castle he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. Little did I know his next words would be his proposal speech. As I turned to view the rest of the chapel, he slowly dropped to one knee! Shaking and crying I of course said yes!

The Ring:

990389900_MV_LG.jpg

The Plan:

So here we are several months down the road finally starting our wedding planning! I have my first planning session with Disney in two weeks! I cant wait to try all the food and view all the places! If you have any advice, please feel free to share! I am totally new to this and can take all the help I can get!

Thanks for reading!

:welcome:

You will get the best information here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Our reception was at ADH in November of 2008. Please let me know if you have any questions. I never did a TR but I am on these boards often.

Looking forward to reading more.

Linda

congrats! My DF was a Disney Virgin as well...once he saw Mickey Mouse he was hooked! Look forward to reading along!

Welcome! It's always so exciting during the first few weeks, the best info you'll get is from these PJ's...any questions feel free to ask!! Cant wait to read your details as you figure them out :goodvibes

Congratulations... that's a great engagement story and I love your ring. We are doing WP/ADH also so I'm very excited to follow your plans!!! Lucky you another trip to Disney! Make sure you get lots of pictures of ADH to share!!!;)

I definitely don't know how to do a mass thank you comment like others I have seen but I want to say thank you all for welcoming me! I cannot wait to share my pictures and things that I find out from our planning session! We leave this Saturday! I cannot wait!! More to come later!

So I just got back from our trip a few days ago and am very excited!! I cannot describe to you the amount of stuff we accomplished in one planning session! I have Maxine as my wedding planner and absolutely love her! She was bubbly and very easy to talk to.

We started the day out meeting at Francs Studio. We were just about to leave for the food tasting when the organist came in! I am so glad we decided to listen to him play the organ. Normally when I think of an organ, I imagine a church sound that is no way what I would want at a wedding but I was so wrong!! I am going to try to load a video we took of him playing the organ to youtube so you all can hear how fantastic he is! I plan on having my bridesmaids walk down to the Disney Princess song tied to their character. I was afraid it wouldn’t flow together but he did such a fantastic job I can hardly wait to hear it at the wedding!!

We then headed over to the Flying Fish at Boardwalk Resort (since the Atlantic Dance Hall was in use) to do some taste testing! Our chef was wonderful and the food could not have been more fantastic!! I have pictures and descriptions of all the food we ate which I plan on posting later on tonight. We had everything from delicious crab cakes all the way to blue cheese meatballs wrapped in bacon. The entire experience was more than I ever expected it to be!

After the food tasting, we headed back to Francs Studio to meet with Elizabeth the Flower Expert! I would say she picked up well on the feel I wanted for the wedding and had lots of pictures to help me see what I might want. Before I knew it we were through everything, tables, linens, flowers, and table décor! It flew by so fast!

Finally came the cake tasting! It was so much fun. The flavors were fantastic! We decided to go with an Almond cake with Amaretto icing and Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cake! Absolutely delicious! We decided on the following cake design but will be using Silver instead of Gold.

MickeyGazebo.jpg

After that was all said and done, we finished up the appointment and headed on our way. I have complete confidence in Maxine and I know it will be perfect! Don’t hesitate to ask me any questions you might have!!
:cloud9:

That is all so exciting! I'm glad to hear the food was good! I deff. want to hear all the details on the food and what you are doing for decor. Everything sounds great so far!

Finally got around to posting the food dishes. I tried several different delicious things when I went for my food tasting. Here are a few pictures of what I tried with descriptions. I highly recommend each and every one of them!!

2865e0c8.jpg

This was my favorite of the appetizers! It was a blue cheese meatball wrapped in bacon with a fantastic citrus mustard dipping sauce.

abfc6434.jpg

This was another of our appetizer choices. It is a breaded mix of beef and mushrooms. I am not a fan of mushrooms and absolutely love how this tasted!

78c17ebc.jpg

This was the last of the appetizers. It is the well known crab cakes. It had the same dipping sauce as the meatballs. I don’t eat fish and enjoyed every last bite of this!

9beb2f14.jpg

This was the first of the salads. Field Greens with Mandarin Oranges, Toasted Sesame Seeds and Shaved Ginger and Soy Ginger Asia Inspired Dressing. The dressing was fantastic!

3fd23efa.jpg

This is one of the best things I tried at the taste testing. It is the other salad option. It is real mozzarella and tomato slices with fresh basil and balsamic reduction. The mozzarella balls were absolutely phenomenal! It was called the Mediterranean Pasta Salad with Sundried Tomatoes, Olives and Artichokes.

We were offered two warm dishes in between the salad and the main dish. I forgot to get a picture of the first one. It was a martini dish filled with creamy mashed potatoes. The potatoes were then topped with sour cream, cheese, chives and bacon. It would be set up in a buffet scene with each person putting on them what they wanted.

8e4967a5.jpg

Although not the prettiest presentation it was definitely a yummy treat! It is creamy Parmesan and Goat Cheese Risotto topped with Pork Osso Buco and Gremolata.

730f4518.jpg

This was the main course. It was presented on one plate but had two options. It was the Two pepper Rubbed Beef Strip Loin with Sweet Onion Sauce served with warm bakery breads, mustard mayonnaise and horseradish cream. It also had Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Mushroom Cream Sauce. It included baby carrots and grilled asparagus.

4acb5875.jpg

Finally was the dessert which we chose to not go with. It was so fabulous.
It was a European pastry display. Starting from the left was Opera Cake, Cream Puffs, Chocolate Canolis, Mini Cheesecakes and Tiramisu.

Let me know if you have any questions!!

So we decided to try something different for our bridesmaids. Each of the girls will be dressed as a Disney Princess. My MOH will be Belle, Bridesmaid #1 will be Cinderella and Bridesmaid #2 will be Sleeping Beauty.

So far we have MOH & Bridesmaid #2 dresses picked out. Next will be the tool for under the skirts to fill them out and their gloves. I am getting pretty excited!!

0d16103d.jpg

MOH (Sister) Bridesmaid #1 (Friend + Brothers Girlfriend)

cd9d9db5.jpg

I figured they needed tiaras as well!

720d41b4.jpg

One more left! I will post pictures of her once we have it!

It finally feels like its coming together.
Yay!!
:yay:

Cute dresses! I personally don't like when BM's are in "costumes" of the princesses... but this is a great idea! I like that you are having them dress like the princesses without the over the top costumes. The dresses are gorgeous! I'm sure they all love being able to play a princess too! :wizard:

Your food tastings look soooo good! How did you like the Parmesan chicken? I have it at my wedding, but didn't get to have a tasting, so I am curious!

I agree with the previous poster, without seeing pics, I would think putting BM's in princess outfits would be odd, but seeing the pics, I think it looks great! And where is a better place to do it than @ WDW!! The dresses look so amazing...those girls are probably excited they get to dress up so much! What will the guys be wearing?

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cute dresses! I personally don't like when BM's are in "costumes" of the princesses... but this is a great idea! I like that you are having them dress like the princesses without the over the top costumes. The dresses are gorgeous! I'm sure they all love being able to play a princess too! :wizard:

I know what you mean on the costume aspect of it. I wanted to add a little touch of Disney without being too costume like. I dont know what the finish product will be but I am excited to see it!

Your food tastings look soooo good! How did you like the Parmesan chicken? I have it at my wedding, but didn't get to have a tasting, so I am curious!

I agree with the previous poster, without seeing pics, I would think putting BM's in princess outfits would be odd, but seeing the pics, I think it looks great! And where is a better place to do it than @ WDW!! The dresses look so amazing...those girls are probably excited they get to dress up so much! What will the guys be wearing?

Looking forward to seeing more!

Oh the Parmesan chicken was my FAVORITE dish out of them all! I could have eaten a second one! I think you made a great choice with it! Not sure yet about the guys. My fiance is putting off shopping for their attire (as I figured he would :rotfl:). We will probably end up just doing tuxes for each. We have more groomsmen than bridesmaids so it definitely posts a problem! Cant have "princes" when you have two to each girl. :confused:
Any Suggestions?

So even though this isnt highly read I feel like giving an update. Near three months away from my wedding and can hardly wait!!

I have purchased my dress! I am completely in love with it. It is my fairytale dress!! I get in in two to three weeks and cant wait to get it fitted!

FartherAway.jpg

CloseUp.jpg

I also lucked out on the earrings. I was looking to see if there were any cute wedding shoes and stumbled upon these earrings. It wasnt until I got back into the car before I realized that my earrings had little hidden Mickeys all through them! I was so excited!

9e9bd370.jpg

I am also finally getting a great start on my welcome bags! We are putting our wedding favors in our welcome bags so everyone gets an opportunity to use them!

We decided to do custom lanyards with trading pins. We are giving four to five trading pins for each guest to give them a nice little start on the addictive hobby!

BrbSvkQBWkKGrHqQH-CoEvEWnjeLFBLzmSk.jpg

proof-2.jpg

These are just our first proofs on the lanyards. We will most likely add our wedding date! I just need to find some cute bags to put them in and we are set to go!

A few more important details to take care of. I am such a slacker! Still havent booked someone to marry us yet. :rotfl:

I found out my cousins are coming to the wedding so I get to have a my adorable little four and five year old cousins as the ring bearer and flower girl! Little Cinderella and a Pirate! I definitely cannot wait for that!!

Well as the day is approaching I definitely need to get on it! Its coming so quickly! I just cant wait!!!

:cool1:

It is coming up soon!! I love your dress, it is definitely very fairytale! The first thing I noticed about your earrings was the hidden Mickey's :rotfl: they are really nice earrings! I also love the welcome bag that you have started - a pin trading starter kit is a great idea! We aren't really into pin trading, otherwise I might have stolen that idea lol

Your dress is really pretty, and those earrings are great! That's a great idea to include the lanyards and pins in the welcome bags, I'm sure the guests will love that!

I adore your dress and those earrings are awesome, I love the hidden mickeys... Congrats and good luck with everything!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter