Sapphire falls. Waiting and waiting

hope the op has gotten the room now....

thought check in was 4:00 but can't find it on the site.

hope the op has gotten the room now....

thought check in was 4:00 but can't find it on the site.
Yes checkin is at 4. But when I questioned that they said it starts at 4. Finally got our room but were late for Halloween night

Now that is just awful of the long wait to get your room!

In all the years I have stayed onsite at hrh or rpr, never heard of 4 is the time they start check ins

I believe what you said so don't misunderstand me
What they told you would not be acceptable to me

I have had the thought that all peeps have their rooms available by 4

Now I know better

Sorry you had such a long wait which made you late getting into Hhn

Hope your Hhn night was thrilling !

I'm sorry you had a wait. Did you consider just stashing your bags with bell services and continuing on with your afternoon instead of waiting?

Sorry to hear about that. They need to get their act together for housekeeping. It is getting to be a big problem.

Make sure to talk directly to the manager about it.

What time did you actually get into your room?

I had absolutely zero issues with housekeeping. Sounds like it's hit or miss though. We had an outstanding stay as far as staff goes. Sorry to the OP though, that is unacceptable. Checkin is at 4, not when it starts, in my opinion. We generally get to the hotel early so I don't expect my room to be ready. Like Bumbershoot said, have bell services store your luggage and hit the parks!

missing out on the party is not fair at all. i wonder why it took so long

Had it happen years back @ RPH when a AMEX member requested their (then guaranteed) late check out in my "suite". Stored our bags, bell services will deliver onsite 24-7.

It stinks, but it happens. more often than not our digs are not ready 'early' both @ U or WDW. Once, in December, didn't get access to our room until 7 pm (after the parks had closed) but we received a nice gift basket for our son as an apology without us registering a complaint.

OP curious, what 'type' of room did you book? Make sure to express your concerns to mgmt

Mac
Now that is just awful of the long wait to get your room!

In all the years I have stayed onsite at hrh or rpr, never heard of 4 is the time they start check ins

I believe what you said so don't misunderstand me
What they told you would not be acceptable to me

I have had the thought that all peeps have their rooms available by 4

Now I know better

Sorry you had such a long wait which made you late getting into Hhn

Hope your Hhn night was thrilling !
Macraven. Just want to clarify what I said. She told me if a room was ready I could have checked in sooner but because they were full The 4:00 checkin time is when you can officially get a room but they don't guarantee you will have it at that time. When I went back to the desk at 5 all she would tell me was that they were working on it. No time frame given other than she said we were still "kindofWe did check our bags with them and used the pool but really wanted to get ready in our own room before heading out. We have been coming to universal for years, always staying on property so this won't stop us but will go back to "deluxe" resorts. Won't come back here
missing out on the party is not fair at all. i wonder why it took so long
I had absolutely zero issues with housekeeping. Sounds like it's hit or miss though. We had an outstanding stay as far as staff goes. Sorry to the OP though, that is unacceptable. Checkin is at 4, not when it starts, in my opinion. We generally get to the hotel early so I don't expect my room to be ready. Like Bumbershoot said, have bell services store your luggage and hit the parks!
Had it happen years back @ RPH when a AMEX member requested their (then guaranteed) late check out in my "suite". Stored our bags, bell services will deliver onsite 24-7.

It stinks, but it happens. more often than not our digs are not ready 'early' both @ U or WDW. Once, in December, didn't get access to our room until 7 pm (after the parks had closed) but we received a nice gift basket for our son as an apology without us registering a complaint.

OP curious, what 'type' of room did you book? Make sure to express your concerns to mgmt
we got here at 1:30 not expecting to get a room until 4. Got our room at 6:40. Today we put the "out do see" sign on our door at 7:30 am just got back to our room and it hasn't been cleaned yet. We won't let these things spoil our trip and I honestly usually don't complain. But clearly they need more help

I don't blame you! That is unacceptable! I don't complain often either. In your case I would escalate it though. Lots of bad reviews...sounds like bad management which they need to take care of. Good for you to not let it ruin your stay though. That's how I handle it also. Have a great time and lesson learned!

OP u clearly know the drill. Un-serviced room, combined with the late checkin really does merit a conversation with the mgmt.

If it's training, they can address it. If staffing, then the poor reviews will erode Loews' otherwise high standard of service.

wow- hearing so many complaints about Sapphire. Many in the same vein - rooms not ready until early evening, some issues with staff rudeness and other service/maintenance issues. These days, word travels so incredibly fast - they're gonna take a big hit if they don't fix this fast. It's not like they're offering anything more value-wise than Cabana Bay for the price, and the latter continues to get pretty good reviews.

wow- hearing so many complaints about Sapphire. Many in the same vein - rooms not ready until early evening, some issues with staff rudeness and other service/maintenance issues. These days, word travels so incredibly fast - they're gonna take a big hit if they don't fix this fast. It's not like they're offering anything more value-wise than Cabana Bay for the price, and the latter continues to get pretty good reviews.

To be fair, I've also seen a lot of absolutely incredible reviews from people who just loved it.

Mac

Macraven. Just want to clarify what I said. She told me if a room was ready I could have checked in sooner but because they were full The 4:00 checkin time is when you can officially get a room but they don't guarantee you will have it at that time. When I went back to the desk at 5 all she would tell me was that they were working on it. No time frame given other than she said we were still "kindofWe did check our bags with them and used the pool but really wanted to get ready in our own room before heading out. We have been coming to universal for years, always staying on property so this won't stop us but will go back to "deluxe" resorts. Won't come back here

we got here at 1:30 not expecting to get a room until 4. Got our room at 6:40. Today we put the "out do see" sign on our door at 7:30 am just got back to our room and it hasn't been cleaned yet. We won't let these things spoil our trip and I honestly usually don't complain. But clearly they need more help

You need to make sure you talk to the manager before you leave. They have to hear about these problems first hand while guests are there.

That 4 o'clock starting time is just a crock. Why bother setting a time at all then? Their website says check-in is 4pm, not check-in begins at 4pm.

Like I said before, I've seen lots of complaints but I had fantastic service and housekeeping. It's a beautiful and relaxing resort. Hope they get their act together and become more consistent. I had a king suite reserved but it wasn't ready. They offered a kids suite that was ready. It's a little smaller but more expensive. I gladly accepted and my 3 kids loved the room and resort. We checked in around 11 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter