Santander Rant

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
We had a strange letter from Santander (Abbey National in English) this week saying that since we’d paid off our mortgage (we haven’t – we just paid off half of it when our endowment matured last year) we hadn’t been sent a renewal notice for our structural insurance in November and therefore haven’t been insured for the last 8 months. Well, thanks for letting us know!

Thank goodness we’ve not needed to make claim! Anyway if we’d like to give their insurance advisors a call they can sort out a new policy for us. So we phoned Direct Line instead and they sorted out an amendment to our contents policy to cover both contents and buildings.

I've often seen disasters on the news and thought "Fancy not being insured!" when for the past 8 months that could have been me!

:eek: How annoying, thank goodness you've not needed to make a claim. I don't know what's the deal with our banks these days, there seems to be one thing after the other going wrong with them

I recently left santander to moved to Halifax using the switching service. That's what I thought anyway :confused:

I got a list of direct debate etc from Halifax that Santander sent them, I quickly scanned :confused3 and thought yep seems right. Tut tut Santander didn't pass on their direct debits, which I have set up for savings. So I've havent being paying DD savings but strangly enough DS was paid.

If I could gain interest at home, my money would be kept under my matteress :rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter