• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Santa

jenerra11

Mouseketeer
Is Santa only on the Dec cruise that includes Christmas Day? I'm hope he will be on our cruise the week before Christmas.

He was on the first holiday cruise on the Fantasy last year (11/9/2013).

This is what is shown on the "Very MerryTime Cruises" page on DCL's site. It's for all of the cruises listed:

Magic ~ November 9, 2014 - December 28, 2014
Wonder ~ November 9, 2014 - December 30, 2014
Dream ~ November 10, 2014 - December 29, 2014
Fantasy ~ November 8, 2014 - December 27, 2014

Santa Claus meet-and-greet, an exciting opportunity to take family pictures and see Santa and his elves.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/holiday-cruises/christmas-winter-holidays/?int_cmp=INS-intDCLtoDCL-christmas

We sail AFTER Xmas (29th)---I wonder if he'll be there then too. Anyone ever seen him AFTER his 'big night'?

We sail AFTER Xmas (29th)---I wonder if he'll be there then too. Anyone ever seen him AFTER his 'big night'?

Presumably you are on the Dream... and based on the post by Zandy595, it would seem a Dec. 29th cruise is still part of the VeryMerry Time cruises...

Enjoy your cruise!

Presumably you are on the Dream... and based on the post by Zandy595, it would seem a Dec. 29th cruise is still part of the VeryMerry Time cruises...

Enjoy your cruise!
::yes:: Those dates are embarkation dates, so the Dec 29 cruise (Dream) is a Very MerryTime Cruise.

::yes:: Those dates are embarkation dates, so the Dec 29 cruise (Dream) is a Very MerryTime Cruise.
Right, I get that. Trees, gingerbread houses, characters in holiday finery....would like to know if those that have sailed between Xmas and New Years have seen Santa. Wonder how the meet and greets with Santa might change after the Christmas holiday has passed....thinking like a kid, seems he'd be needing a rest about then ....

Right, I get that. Trees, gingerbread houses, characters in holiday finery....would like to know if those that have sailed between Xmas and New Years have seen Santa. Wonder how the meet and greets with Santa might change after the Christmas holiday has passed....thinking like a kid, seems he'd be needing a rest about then ....
Well, that date is listed on the same page that says these cruises have a Santa Meet n Greet... but your best bet would be to call DCL and ask. Things also change from year to year, so even if someone saw him after Christmas last year, it may or may not happen that way this year.

... Wonder how the meet and greets with Santa might change after the Christmas holiday has passed....thinking like a kid, seems he'd be needing a rest about then ....

I expect that as with other Disney character interactions, "Santa" is very good at "reading" the situation and responding appropriately -- if you and the kids approach and say "Santa, I thought you'd be home resting by now!" he's likely to respond such that the cruise is his post-holiday vacation, or he's on his way home but stopped to see how the kids liked their presents. Or similar... ;)

Enjoy your cruise!

I'd definitely call and ask about a post-Christmas cruise. I've seen some places continue with Christmas activities, but Santa is gone. But, I've also seen Santa stay out. One year we were at Sea World after Christmas and Santa was still in his cottage. There was no line, so my kids got to go in and spend quite a bit of time with him. It was actually lovely for them to get to thank him for the gifts he'd just given them! Probably nice for Santa to be getting the "thank yous" instead of the "I wants," too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter