Santa Barbara Hotel (on the beach or very close to it)

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
So it looks as if Oxnard for a few nights is now out of the question. We wanted a close hotel on the beach or very close to it. I would love a nice pool, hot tub, and be family friendly as we are a family of five. My children are now 20, 17, 17. So a roll away will do. We usually head towards San Diego and stay at the Hotel Del but I really want to visit Santa Barbara instead this year before we head to Yosemite for several days. I put the question out there about Oxnard and many have stated that it isn't so safe plus I could see oil blotches. So we will bypass that all together and just head to SB. My plan is 2-3 days in this area. I have studied trip advisor to death but don't feel good about any hotels. I would like to stay in the $200's per night but if I could find something equally as nice as the Hotel Del I would scrape up some extra cash but it has to be just right. Worse case scenario I will go cheap by staying at hotel inland and just head to the beach by car. I really want to visit the courthouse to catch the spectacular views and see the old missions and all that SB has to offer. Am I crazy? Can anyone help me on this thread. Thanks for all the help with Oxnard.

Mike

We stayed at the Doubletree but it was 5 years ago. About a 20 minute walk up to Main St and the shops/restaurants. Not as good as the Del or Hyatt Huntington Beach but not as expensive either.Location was great. We took a hop on/off trolley tour that went to Montecito, the mission and downtown along some other stops.
The train tracks are right behind the property but they have non-ocean front rooms that aren't near the tracks. Since we live 2 blocks from a NJ transit trainline, a few more from the high speed rail into Philadelphia and the approach path to Philadelphia Int'l airport, train noise isn't an issue:thumbsup2

SB native here.

Look at the Castillo Inn. The Hotel Milo has suites that might be better for a family of five.

I have a few more recommendations but before I do I'd like to know what hotels you studied
up on and didn't feel good about. I'd hate to offer suggestion to the hotels you have already
decided against.

My dream hotel stay would be the Bacara. I've read up on the Fess Parker as it seems closest to what I would like in a hotel (pool, beach by the ocean, hot tub, and price) but some of the reviews don't speak very highly. I will look at both of your suggestions. Thanks StageTek and everyone for taking time out to give me advice.

Bacara was amazing! Stayed there with 11 and 14 year old girls. Elegant and expensive. Great being right on the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter