Sanford to International Drive

ChelleFeegan

Mouseketeer
Hi all

Estimates say its about 45 min drive - but wondered if anyone has done the drive on here and if there are any hints/tips. After a ten hour flight I'd love for the ride to be as smooth as possible

Thanks in advance :D

Most people recommend the SR 417 as it is quieter then the I4, is this the route you plan to take?

The 417 is a toll road but you can get change from the manned booths. I would try and get some smaller bills if you can :)

I4 is no real issue. We are usually so excited to be there and 'spot' all the things on the way down.

We always did I4 until our recent trip. We were running late on the flight and it was 5.30pm so we took the 417. It was easy and after dh being up 24 hours it was a quieter drive. Had we arrived on time the I4 would have been fine.

About an hour its why i dislike flying into Sanford as it takes ages in my mind to get to Disney Hotels

So next year i flying into Orlando International and going to see what its like

Also Sanford is awful airport when flying back to Uk it really makes me sad

i would agree about an hour ether way
I4 is cheaper no tolls but can get bizzy around Orlando
the other way has tolls not expensive say $5 total last time i went that way

About an hour its why i dislike flying into Sanford as it takes ages in my mind to get to Disney Hotels

So next year i flying into Orlando International and going to see what its like

Also Sanford is awful airport when flying back to Uk it really makes me sad

It can be swings and roundabouts - while Sanford is further out you're through customs significantly quicker than at International....

Totally agree about flying out from sanford, it's like a run-down 20 year old mini shopping mall, nothing to do!!!

:goodvibes

It can be swings and roundabouts - while Sanford is further out you're through customs significantly quicker than at International....

Totally agree about flying out from sanford, it's like a run-down 20 year old mini shopping mall, nothing to do!!!

:goodvibes

We never really had a problem with Sanford that I noticed. The best tip is just to bring something to occupy you, since airports are pretty dull all over the world really. We really liked the small feel of the airport, although I've only been to Newcastle, Luqa airport in Malta and Sanford, so I'm used to small airports.

The drive was about 1hr on a coach to I-Drive, in a car I think you could make better time though. The drive seemed easy enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter