Sanford flyers, best shuttle company?

Lovemy3babes

DIS Veteran
Who do you like to use when you fly into Sanford? I am finding it is NOT cheap to get ourselves to OKW at 10:30pm. Any suggestions?

There are no shuttle companies out of Sanford. Your choice of transportation is either taxi, car service or rental car. Taxis are on the meter and run about $125.00 one way to WDW. Car service prices start at approx $170.00 up to $240.00 for round trip. I have no idea what the rental car charges would be.

Two of the least expensive car service companies is ST Sanford Airport transportation and Sanford Airport Transportation. I would suggest you stay away from those companies as they have a record of not returning to pick up passengers at WDW. Two instances are reported on Disboards. They also are not showing up, with vehicles, at the airport on time, causing huge delays in the passengers schedules. There are a number of complaints placed with the Airport authority on these two companies. Most of the other companies that are listed on the airport web site perform rather well for the passengers.

MCO is about 21 miles to OKW. SFB is about 45 miles to OKW.

Obviously a car service is going to charge more then for a trip from SFB then for a trip from MCO.

Pricewise nothing can compare with DME (free). People flying into to SFB should consider the possible higher cost of ground transportation when evaluating airfare savings.

Did you save at least $40-$50 per passenger?

I booked with One of a Kind Luxury Transportation for our upcoming trip. I've never flown into Sanford before or used this company. However, they have been good to work with so far and are/were running a special, so it's $180 (including gratuity) for 4 of us in an SUV roundtrip. I'll post a review when we get back, as I was also just really unsure of who to choose for a hire car.

MCO is about 21 miles to OKW. SFB is about 45 miles to OKW.

Obviously a car service is going to charge more then for a trip from SFB then for a trip from MCO.

Pricewise nothing can compare with DME (free). People flying into to SFB should consider the possible higher cost of ground transportation when evaluating airfare savings.

Did you save at least $40-$50 per passenger?

I DID!! :cool1:

We're flying into Sanford on Nov. 27th, arriving at 10:30 pm. I'd want to rent a car anyway, just because some of our needs getting from hotels to parks to restaurants are complicated, and I don't want to waste time waiting for a bus.

If we didn't use Allegiant and fly into Sanford, we'd probably fly from Pittsburgh, and spend, oh, I'm going to guess at least $70 to park there. We're instead flying from Hagerstown, MD, and parking is FREE!

Our tickets are still a great deal less. I booked them at $59/person, each way. Even with fees, still less than flying from Pittsburgh. Add to that the convenience of a small airport vs. a big international one. Hagerstown is just as close for me, as Pittsburgh is. It was a no-brainer.

OP, we're renting a car from Thrifty. With taxes, fees, etc., it's going to be ~$178 for renting from 11/27-12/4, for a compact car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter