• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sandusky OH area restaurants?

Colleen27

DIS Veteran
Does anyone familiar with Sandusky have recommendations for a couple-few interesting restaurants in the area, not too pricey and preferably not chains?

We're taking our kids and DD10's best friend to Kalahari in a couple weeks - a total spur-of-the-moment overnight that we're shoehorning into the budget in response to Kalahari's equivalent of a PIN code. The Japanese place we usually go when we're down there is out because of both price and the picky friend that is coming along this time. We know we don't much care for the restaurants in the resort and we'll be packing breakfast and snacks, but will probably still go out once or twice while we're there. So, does anyone know where to go for good pizza, burgers, BBQ, or other unadventurous American food in the area?

D worked for a summer at Cedar Point. She loved Famous Dave's, which I know they have at the marina at CP. I know it's a chain but it seems like that is mostly what is in Sandusky.

Its not in Sandusky but The Jolly Roger in Port Clinton has the best Lake Erie Perch and Walleye you'll ever eat! It's a dive but boy is it delicious! They have chicken nuggets and corn dogs too I believe.

I've also heard Diana's on 250 is good but we've never been there.

I will second Chet & Matts, but I will also recommend Danny Boy's 6207 Milan Road. It is right up the road from Kalahari. You can google it and get the menu ahead of time. Great food!

I also recommend Chet and Matt's. Good food and good atmosphere.

I have not been to Sortino's personally, but have heard good things about the place. http://sortinosristorante.com/

A local favorite is Berardi's. Good homemade food. They don't have a website (I believe), but you can check out reviews on tripadvisor for the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter