Sandcastle Club ok for a 10 year old?

qtmissy19

Earning My Ears
So I was thinking it could be fun to have a date night with my Hubby while in Disney World. I was thinking Ecpot WS.

Our wonderful son will be 10 by the time we get there. I was thinking about taking him to the Sandcastle Club so he won't be lonely and will have a fun time.

I have real issues leaving my son and having a good time without him. My husband kinda got upset when I couldn't enjoy a night at a romantic hotel for our anniversary last year because I wasn't sure if our son was having a good time with the family we left him with. I know I am one of those kind of moms.

Anyway, here are my questions
1. Since he is an only child he won’t have any brothers or sisters, will he be lonely?
2. Is the club kind of babyish? Would it be too babyish for a mature 10 year old?

He is a really easygoing kid. I gave him the choice of staying in the room, going to the club, or Mom and Dad just not having a date night. He said the club. I kept asking him if he minded Mom and Dad going on a date night. He keeps telling me to go and he will be fine, but I just want to make sure that he has a good time.

Go! Our kids are 8 and loved it. (I know, 8 is different than 10, but hear me out...) They had Wii tournaments and fun activities like that. Younger ones had their own activities. Our kids loved it and talked about it long afterwards. DH and I loved some time in Epcot on a date night. He sounds like a wonderful kid, and I'm sure he'd have a good time. You owe it to yourself (and your husband!) to have a good time, too.

We enjoyed the bar in Mexico and then antipasto and wine in Italy's new wine cellar. It was so much fun.

good luck!

Thanks. My son was just asking if he would be too old for this. I said "WII" and that was enough to convince him.

This may not be the same but the Poly has the Neverland Club (I imagine they are all pretty similar) and when we were younger my parents used to leave us in there and that age and we never wanted to be picked up!!

Our kids went last year, at 4 and 9, they had a good time. They went the neverland club and everything went just fine. Go and have a good time. My daughter, nine then, made new friends and never really hung out with her younger brother. I think your son will have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter