Sandals for wide-ish feet and achilles issue - suggestions?

MARCIAKAZ

Proud to be called Disney Geek by my kids!
Hi everyone! I used to wear a specific style of crocs at the parks, but can't get them anymore. I have a fairly wide forefoot, high arch and narrow heel. I also have achilles tendinitis in one foot, which requires that I wear a shoe that is not too flat (a little lift/wedge in the back). Desperately seeking suggestions for long park days and lots of walking. What works for you?

I have wide feet and need decent support....my all day go-to shoe is Telic Energy Flip Flop. (Not sure if there is sufficient lift in the back.)

Hi everyone! I used to wear a specific style of crocs at the parks, but can't get them anymore. I have a fairly wide forefoot, high arch and narrow heel. I also have achilles tendinitis in one foot, which requires that I wear a shoe that is not too flat (a little lift/wedge in the back). Desperately seeking suggestions for long park days and lots of walking. What works for you?
None. Find a local specialty running store (not academy or Dicks, etc), have them do a walking test and tell them you need a shoe for walking 10+ miles a day / theme parks.

Last edited:
I have Clarks Cloudsteppers Breeze Sea and I love them as slightly classier flip flops. I have plantar fasciitis, so the lift in the back on these helps me too. However, I don't wear them to the parks - the only thing that works for me are sneakers with support. Super hot but better than not being able to walk the next day.

Birkenstocks. They're great but can't wear in the rain. However, they do make a water resistant version now. Highly recommend.

Fit Flop brand. They have numerous styles and all of them accommodate wide feet. Great arch support as well. Most are fully waterproof.

Brooks Ghost 13 (running shoe but I use it for walking) has a wider toe box, a little extra heel lift, and good cushioning. For high arches I add an upgraded insole. This shoe has room enough if you use a lacing pattern for high instep. I have chronic Achilles tendinitis in my right foot and this helps. I also love my Teva sandals. ::yes::

I have all of the above.

Try https://www.rockport.com/aravon

They no longer carry my particular sandal but they have similar and this range (there's about 5 brands) has extended sizes and widths.

I also have an ancient pair of crocs sandals I can't replace, hate that. But the Croc flip flops are the only ones I can wear.

I also have wide feet and just foot problems in general…swelling etc. I got these skechers sandals…they have “yoga mat” soles, plenty of support come in wide sizes with adjustable straps. I wore them to Disney in 2019 and on a European cruise with tons of walking…no pain no blisters. Just bought my second pair for F&W festival!!

Attachments

• CBFB2057-7040-433E-BA9F-E11EDF1F9A5F.jpeg
    CBFB2057-7040-433E-BA9F-E11EDF1F9A5F.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 75
I like the Yucatán Ecco sandals - usually buy the men’s shoes as they are wider. Adjustable width at the the front of your foot, adjustable width in the back and the ankle strap is also adjustable. I now have them in 11 different colors for my summer outfits. Actually I live in Texas so pretty much wear them year round.

Hokas come in a wide width as do New Balance. Both great walking shoes.

Birkenstock also makes a rubber version of their shoes, so definitely rain-friendly.

I second the go to a good running shoe store. They will know which shoes have enough lift. Very important. They will cost more than shoes from a sporting goods store but there is a difference in the quality of the shoes. Shoes that are to flat are no good for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter