Sandals for the parks

For those who wear the Sketchers Go Walks: do you wear the flip flop style or ones with ankle straps? I love some of the flip flops, but not sure how they would be for walking the entire day.

Mine are the ones with straps. If you have to move quickly or are on a ride like Soarin that has no floor, they stay on better. But I have worn my Sanuk flip flops multiple times and they’re comfy. They’re the ones made from yoga mat material and have decent arch support and softness. My favorite flip flops are some adidas ones I got maybe 10 years ago… wish they still sold those!

sorry no sandals recommendations, but I do recommend you look into using Body Glide to prevent blisters. Always worked for us. Long trips with a lot of walking and never any blisters by applying Body Glide every morning.

I live in my keens. I also like the fact that you can ride Splash Mtn. and not have sneaker soaked feet after! They're great even when wet. I'll never forget one time at AK in August, saw a young "lady" in Daisy Duke tiny shorts, cut-off type top and.... Cowboy boots! Can you imagine the funk when she took those off after a soggy day at the park??? LOL.

For those who wear the Sketchers Go Walks: do you wear the flip flop style or ones with ankle straps? I love some of the flip flops, but not sure how they would be for walking the entire day.
I’ve worn both. For me the decision factor is time of year. If it’s dry, strapless. If it’s rainy season I prefer straps as my feet slide around in shoes when they’re wet.
sorry no sandals recommendations, but I do recommend you look into using Body Glide to prevent blisters. Always worked for us. Long trips with a lot of walking and never any blisters by applying Body Glide every morning.
Silly question but do you put body glide in your feet? I had blisters on my blisters this past trip so would love to avoid that if possible next trip.

Silly question but do you put body glide in your feet? I had blisters on my blisters this past trip so would love to avoid that if possible next trip.
Not on the sole of our feet but all around and on top, anywhere a shoe could rub and cause a blister. Body Glide looks like a deodorant stick so you just rub it wherever needed. The thing to remember is it's meant to prevent, not cure. Really it's a chaffing stick so it's not just for feet, some people use it to prevent thigh rub, etc.

Now if you do get a blister we've found that moleskin really helps, much better than Band-Aids. Before every trip, I buy moleskin sheets which I cut then in rectangles the size I think would be helpful and then I cut a little hole in the middle of each and stick a few in my purse/backpack so it's ready to go. If you get a blister you stick that rectangle on with the hole right over the blister and the thickness of the moleskin prevents the shoe from rubbing the blister and making it worse. Hope this makes sense!

Keens!!! I recovered from a plantar plate tear in them. I'm super sensitive to blisters in sandals, and these are the only ones that don't tear up my feet. Love them!

Not on the sole of our feet but all around and on top, anywhere a shoe could rub and cause a blister. Body Glide looks like a deodorant stick so you just rub it wherever needed. The thing to remember is it's meant to prevent, not cure. Really it's a chaffing stick so it's not just for feet, some people use it to prevent thigh rub, etc.

Now if you do get a blister we've found that moleskin really helps, much better than Band-Aids. Before every trip, I buy moleskin sheets which I cut then in rectangles the size I think would be helpful and then I cut a little hole in the middle of each and stick a few in my purse/backpack so it's ready to go. If you get a blister you stick that rectangle on with the hole right over the blister and the thickness of the moleskin prevents the shoe from rubbing the blister and making it worse. Hope this makes sense!
Thanks! Yes I use moleskin too but never thought about cutting a hole in it. I think that would help a lot! I’ll try that next trip for sure!

Thanks! Yes I use moleskin too but never thought about cutting a hole in it. I think that would help a lot! I’ll try that next trip for sure!

You might try waterproof tape. I get it from the bandage section and it comes in a roll. I find it works MUCH better than moleskin and you can stick it to your shoes or clothes, like over a scratchy tag. It even stays on through washing fairly well but is easy to remove. All the trips we’ve taken and I’ve only had blisters once - the first one!

I’ve worn both. For me the decision factor is time of year. If it’s dry, strapless. If it’s rainy season I prefer straps as my feet slide around in shoes when they’re wet.
Foot Glide
it is small enough to fit in a pocket or bag. I use it every trip and no blisters.

My all time favorites are Croc Cleos. Cuteness of a sandal (not a clog), comfort of a croc. I also really love my Tevas.

My all time favorites are Croc Cleos. Cuteness of a sandal (not a clog), comfort of a croc. I also really love my Tevas.
The Crocs Cleos came to mind for me, too. If I wear a different pair of sandals to the parks, I later regret it and change to my Cleos when I get back to the resort. Wish Crocs hadn't discontinued some of the color options.

I wear Keens sandals, and fit flops. I start wearing them at least a month before the trip to get use to them. I wear short socks with them(Yes, I am one of those.....ha) I'm at the age where comfort outweighs style. But mole skin and body glide are great to prevent blisters.

I always wear Sketchers flip flops. Very comfortable but you just have to be careful when it rains or on the wet floors in the bathrooms.

I am extremely blister prone. Until I learned about body glide, I never had a WDW trip that didn't involve blisters, and I rarely got a new pair of shoes that didn't involve blisters. I learned about body glide on these boards over 10 years ago, and I have NOT had a blister at WDW or DLR since. I put it all over my feet--- the whole bottom, the ankles, the top of my feet and the sides of my feet. I've had blisters in all those places at WDW and DLR before body glide. DH and DD use it too and they don't get blisters either-- although they are not nearly as blister prone as I am. I also found that it works for new shoes as well. I use it every time I have a new pair of shoes that isn't broken in.

As far as sandals, I really like Bernie Mev's for WDW and DLR. They are lightweight and my feet usually don't even feel tired at the end of the day when I wear them. I like the comfi style best for park walking, and the cuddly style when I want close toed. I have some that are more open than the comfi, but I can't remember the style name for those. You want to wear them for a day before you hit the parks with them so they will mold to your feet. My feet aren't narrow, so I'm not sure how well they work with narrow feet, someone else might know that.

I use Teva's but any of the big brands will do. Very comfortable and can do the whole day in them. If there is going to be a heavy rain day/night I always plan on sandals. Yeah your feet will get wet, but overall you will be more comfortable because your feet are breathing, not stuck in wet socks and shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter