Sandals Bahamas

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by NoodlesMom, Dec 7, 2012.

1. NoodlesMom

NoodlesMom Mouseketeer

We will be on an adult only cruise on the Dream in February. Has anyone been to Sandals Resort. How did you like it ?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LadyFan55

LadyFan55 Mouse-a-holic

Hi Noodles Mom, I have been trying to find out the same thing for our Cruise coming up 2/17. When are you going? or Have you been yet and did you do the Sandals Day Pass?

Thanks!
    Amber

4. MillauFr

MillauFr Buzz & Woody

My coworker and wife went on their honeymoon for a week. Lets just say they checked out and left after 2 nights. They have free booze flowing 24/7 which really encourages drunkness. It is great for those that want to relive the college fraternity expierence, but if you are looking for a relaxing vacation you might consider looking else where. Just look at their website and there are plenty of pictures of young adults partying and drinking it up.

5. sunryzez

sunryzez Mouseketeer

Unless things have changed ALOT in 7 years , that is where I went on my honeymoon. I found the exact opposite. It was amazing, clean, friendly but there was NO nightlife. We were in our early twenties at the time and I remember us being in bed by 10 most nights because after spending all day relaxing we wanted to have a bit of a change up but the entertainment was just not there. There were no drunkness at all that I saw.

6. sandrakit

sandrakit Mouseketeer

Adult only ? Disney Dream ?

7. JnDRader

JnDRader Mouseketeer

We've been to several Sandal's and Beaches resorts. The resorts we've been too have all been great.

Like a PP, a coworker of mine and his wife got married at the Sandal's in the Bahamas and they LOVED it. Went back a year later for their anniversary and it just happened to be at the same time we were on our first Disney cruise and stopping in Nassau. We met them at the straw market. They still loved it as much as they did the first time.

The VAST majority of the time it was very quiet and tranquil. If it was loud at night, it was because there was an activity at a particular spot and it was supposed to be loud.

Never done the day pass but I'm guessing it wouldn't be a bad way to go for a shore day.

8. LadyFan55

LadyFan55 Mouse-a-holic

This is a good point. On the other hand, if there is heavy drinking and partying at night, perhaps, since we will be there during the day we'll have the place mostly to ourselves :banana:

9. LadyFan55

LadyFan55 Mouse-a-holic

I did a quick double take too, but I am sure what that means is they are doing the same thing we are... not bringing our kids :thumbsup2

10. tweis

tweis DIS Veteran

I have been researching this lately and it sounds like an amazing way to spend the day in Nassau. A little pricey, but for everything included, I think it would be totally worth it. ;)