Sandals at the parks?

Just(donald)Ducky

Mouseketeer
Hey all-

So I was looking for a new pair of sandles the other day, and came across a pair of crocs. Not your normal crocs, but full on, strap sandals. Just like Flip Flops, but with all the croc goodness.

I'm in healthcare, so I know the neccessity of having good footwear as I am constantly on my feet. I wore crocs to the parks in jan 2008 and they were great, just like they are at work. But this time we are going in August, so it is going to be extrodinarly hot.

I'm thinking of trying out the crocks in the parks, and brining a pair of work shoes with me in case they don't work out.

How do you all feel about it?

I think that you know your feet better than anyone else. I for instance was fine w/ a pr of Nike flip flops for our stay.
But I must admit those Croc flip flops looked really comfortable and might just consider getting myself a pr for our next trip.

Croc sandals are great. I will probably wear my out before our trip in august, and thus have to pick up another pair.

darn it! ;)

My son is almost 4 and this is the second summer I've bought him Birkenstocks. They're made of a special fabric that looks like leather but are actually waterproof and are supersoft against his foot. He's has NO arch in his foot (just like myself) and I've heard that they're great for that. I've heard many adults say that they love Birkenstocks as well. HTH! Thanks, April

We like this all-terrain sandals made by Keen. They are very comfortable and off support and when they get wet they dry easily. My dp and I love wearing them at Disney... sometimes I even wear them with socks. I'm a proud nerd. LOL

I just bought my first pair of Keens last week and wore them to the zoo today. I think I am really going to like them. I want to break them in good before our trip in September.

My husband only wears work boots (EVERYWHERE). I did manage to get him into a pair of leather sandal type shoes for the beach, but I am bound & determined to get him into some comfy shoes for Disney. I also was looking at the Crocs sandals for men on their website & was wondering if anyone else has worn them & if they are comfy.

My wife and I purchased Croc sandals for our trip last month. They worked out great for us. It is hard for my wife to find a pair of sandals that are comfortable to walk in all day. She really liked trekking through the parks in the the Croc Patricias. As for me, I can walk with boards strapped to my feet. So, walking in the Croc Bite Viho convertibles are like walking on air. Since I have no experience with Birkenstocks nor with Keens I do not have an opinion. However, I would recommend the Croc sandals.

I haven't owned - or wanted to own - a pair of sandals since I was about 10 years old, so my opinion is naturally quite biased, however...

Even if I were a sandal wearer, I would never wear sandals to WDW in August. Besides the crowds, strollers, ECVs, spills, microbes, and other dangers to feet shod in open-toed shoes, the Orlando sun in August is brutal, and the skin on your feet is quite sensitive. You will need to apply sunblock to your feet, and re-apply far more often than you do for arms and neck, or your feet will be burned to a crisp. And that hurts.

I love sandals, and I wear them at home and around the resort, but not to the parks. I wouldn't run a marathon in sandals, and some days that's what it feels like I've done at Disney World! :rotfl:

But, obviously they work well for tons of people. I would go out in the heat and walk miles and miles in them before I ever planned on them for Disney. I've noticed that sometimes shoes I think are comfortable and great for walking, seem not so much after a mile or two.

I wore my Croc Cleos every day of our 8 day trip this year. No problems at all, and I have a history of back problems. I will definitely wear them again on our next trip !

i just purchased myself a pair of merrell "siren lyric" sandals from ebay. .. they were originally $90 but i scored them for about $40 brand new in the box. so far, i love them and cant wait to try them out at the parks in sept. alot of people rave about them so i figured i would give them a try! ;)

i would wear tennis shoes mostly because they will not give you blisters if there broken into. So brack in a pair of tennis shoes. And start walking in what ever shoes you are going to wear at the parks. It will make the parks easyer:banana::banana::banana:

I've always worn flip flops to Disney. I think footwear is definitely a personal choice because everyone's feet react differently to different shoes. For me, the Croc Flip Flops are great! I absolutely love them. I think the most important things for any pair of shoes that you wear is that they dry quickly (sudden downpours) and that they have traction on the bottom (again, for when it rains!)

I only wear Crocs on the parks. Normally Skutes and Cleos, but sometimes my pink Mickey Crocs.

I think there is nothing more comfortable than sandals in the parks.

For me, it's cheap $5 Old Navy or Target flip flops! So, so, so comfortable!

I just bought some Crocs Adara sandals and I'm hooked! I can't wait to wear them around the parks. My feet feel so good in them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter