• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sand toys

Ariel Lover

Earning My Ears
Are there sand toys available at Castaway Cay for the kids. Do you have to rent them or can you just borrow them? What's the scoop? Is it mainly shovels and pails? I sure don't want to have to pack sand toys. I feel like I've packed too much as it is. Thanks for the info.

Yes, there are sand toys available for check out (free) at Scuttle's Cove. There is a huge bin filled with buckets, shovels and assorted sand toys. They are first-come, first-served so get there early to pick up a few. :)

I really hate to disagree with Michelle since I know we were on the same 12/8 cruise, but, we went immediately to Scuttles Cove to try and get sand toys as we had read elsewhere and on the big guide but were told firmly the only toys available were the ones for sale at the kiosks when you walk in. We avoided buying them and then dragging them back home. We asked several CM and were told the same thing. :(

Jeff, I don't know who you asked, but we were on the 12/8 cruise and went right to Scuttle's Cove and they opened the bin for us and said take your pick! Sorry you had a bad experience. :(

Has anyone else had the experience of being told there were no sand toys to borrow, only toys for purchase?

We had no problem borrowing sand toys from Scuttle's Cove last Friday 1/25. I went over there mid-morning and they opened a large chest filled with shovels, pails, trucks, sifters, etc. They just told me to return them by 3pm. I'm glad we didn't have to buy and and haul them around and back home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter