Sand ceremony

orangetiggs

Married my sweetheart in DISNEY!!!!!
Where is the best place to get a vase for the sand ceremony? Ideally we would want one with a stopper as we need to transport it back to the uk.

Thanks

Check Summer's PJ, she found a set with stoppers. However, I had an open topped vase and someone, I am assuming my WC, actually stuffed it TIGHTLY with tissue paper, and it made it back to our room without any sand shifting, so I packed it in the suitcase that way (carry-on) and it made it home with the sand still in the same pattern as when we poured it ! With a stopper, it will likely shift unless it is filled to the top. Just something to think about.

I didnt think of that!! thats a good point so any vase will do and if I stuff it tightly with something it should be ok!

Does it have to be a specific size etc? We dont do them here in the UK so I was wondering could I get any vase that we liked and use that?

Also does disney supply the sand?

Check Wedding Star -they have a web site that you can order from (wwwweddingstarcom) - they have a really nice unity sand set - you can have engraved or leave plain - and they sell the sand to go with it....

My daughter is using this for her DTFW 1/4/08 ....

Here is a link to my TR that I posted mine in: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1412990&page=6

I found the heart-shaped vase (which was what I really wanted !) on clearance at Wal-Mart for $5.00. I had it etched by a local shop and am thrilled with how it turned out. You can use any vase with a large enough top to "stuff" when you are done. You can bring them or Disney can provide a plain cylinder. They provided the two small cylinders and sand for me for very little $$. Rosie can set it up for you. I did that so the only thing I had to mess with was my center vase. Another option I considered was buying a small amount of candle wax and melting it in the microwave in the room and pouring it on top of the sand to "seal" it and make it into a candle. The hard wax appears to be okay for flights, but I know you can't use the gel wax !

Just a few ideas ! HTH

I bought my sand 'jar' at Cost Plus. It is a long bottle...almost like a wine bottle...with a stopper that is attached to the bottle. I bought my sand through Disney so I don't need to worry about pouring jars. We have a little rubber funnel that we bought from Williams Sonoma that we are going to use. A little tacky, but hey...it's us.

I used the ones Disney provided, they were just open topped vases. But Maxine stuffed it really well with tissue and it made it home (to Canada) just fine. Sadly, with the move there is no where to put it, it's more hassle than it's worth and I'm throwing it out. So much for sentimentality! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter