• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SAND at DC & Aquatica

bas71873

DIS Veteran
If there is sand, my DD9 will find it and roll in it. She is our beach bum! My usual MO for the beach is to take an older suit of hers and cut the lining out so I'm not dealing with saggy sandy booty all day. So, my question is, is there sand to play in (and therefore, to deal with) at DC and Aquatica. Wondering if I need to bring her "beach" bathingsuit for the days we hit these parks.

There is most definitely sand at Discovery Cove.

Not 100% certain about Aquatica, as our first visit to that park is coming up in five weeks. At DC, though, you can count on your DD getting her "beach fix" :) .

Some beach pics from DC :beach::

2012_0101Orlando0066.jpg

2012_0101Orlando0030.jpg

2012_0101Orlando0031.jpg

Aquatica is similar, but not as bad.

I can't think of any place there that has sand right next to the water. But there is a large sand area with a group of the lounge chairs. So if you pick that section, there will be lots of sand for her to play in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter