• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanaa

We've been twice for lunch - love it - and don't find it noisy or ridiculously busy. One time I remember was on a weekday around 1:00 but can't remember the other day/time. We didn't have a window seat either time but did notice lots of animals right outside the restaurant windows :) Also b/c our reservations were during the day, we went a little early and walked around the resort, looking at all the animals so it was fine that we weren't at a window.

I do know if you go for dinner and its after it gets dark it'll be harder to see the animals, so I would suggest, if not doing lunch, an earlier dinner ADR (depending on time of year) or giving yourself some time before eating to walk around and look at the animals. Enjoy, it's a great place!

We've been twice for lunch - love it - and don't find it noisy or ridiculously busy. One time I remember was on a weekday around 1:00 but can't remember the other day/time. We didn't have a window seat either time but did notice lots of animals right outside the restaurant windows :) Also b/c our reservations were during the day, we went a little early and walked around the resort, looking at all the animals so it was fine that we weren't at a window.

I do know if you go for dinner and its after it gets dark it'll be harder to see the animals, so I would suggest, if not doing lunch, an earlier dinner ADR (depending on time of year) or giving yourself some time before eating to walk around and look at the animals. Enjoy, it's a great place!

I think we shall go-got free ddp; so would be rude not to!

I loved Sanaa. I just went for the first time 2 weeks ago and plan to go again when I'm at Disney World. We went for lunch and sat in the middle of the restaurant. The whole place is themed well and wonderful. You can see animals outside anytime you want so no matter where you sit, just go walk outside before or after and you'll see plenty. We loved the food and had a great waitress. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

We had dinner there a couple of weeks ago and I just loved the artificial moonlight out on the Savanna! We spent some time outside while waiting for our table and the kids enjoyed using the night-vision goggles to spy on the animals too. The food is amazing - try their bread service for an appetizer and we all loved the butter chicken!

I really enjoyed my food. I didn't have a great experience with a hostess . . . but that was just one person and it was over the busy President's Day weekend. I always try not to let one person sink a dining experience. I had a great waiter who was personable and knowledgeable about the menu. I went for an early dinner, solo diner, and ended up just ordering the large naan bread appie with all the different dipping sauces. I had heard great reviews about it and it was absolutely incredible. Certainly enough for a meal for one person. Probably enough for 2 people for lunch unless you have a partner with a bottom less appetite. Because I ate (a bit?) lighter, I had room for the kulfa dessert. It was coconut that night and also incredible. I wouldn't have been able to eat the naan bread (even with the smaller 3 sauces) plus an entree. Just too much food. A non-alcoholic drink rounded out the dinner & I thought all in all it was a very tasty, good food experience.

is there a best time for viewing?

Is it a noisy, busy restaurant?

Experiences? :o
Daylight matters - animals are out in daylight. 5pm in December can be darker than 8pm in summer.

Busiest for prime dinner hours, but open for lunch and through dinner.

May be one of the quieter dinner experiences we've had. Since Animal Kingdom Lodge is off the beaten path, the place just does not bustle the same way like Monorail or Boardwalks places that might experience many more walk-up requests for dining.

We ate there in late August between 6:30 and 7:30PM and had a wonderful view from a window seat. The restaurant is definitely not one of your noisier ones. Loved it.

We went at night during Christmas and used the night vision goggles before we ate. It was OK to see the animals at night but daytime would have been better.

We went for dinner and didn't seem noisy to us, excellent service, food was ok but honestly it was probably really good just not what we're used to.

Sanaa is my absolute favorite! I prefer to go at lunch. It is quieter, you are more likely to get a spot next to the window, and lunch is typically better for animal viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter