Sanaa vs Kona Cafe for Dinner in Jan

gibbersome

Mouseketeer
I'm having a hard time picking between these two well-reviewed restaurants for our trip which is now only 45 days away :-)scared1:). We have not eaten at either place as yet so any input would be deeply appreciated as I'm completely stumped! :confused3

While I do love Sanaa, for dinner I guess I'd lean more towards Kona. I think the thing that shifts my allegiance is the fact that Kona has sushi and a sushi bar that is only open for dinner.

If we were talking lunch, I would have chosen Sanaa over Kona.

While I do love Sanaa, for dinner I guess I'd lean more towards Kona. I think the thing that shifts my allegiance is the fact that Kona has sushi and a sushi bar that is only open for dinner.

If we were talking lunch, I would have chosen Sanaa over Kona.

Thank you for the quick response. Is the sushi bar covered under the DxDP plan?

While I've never used the dining plan, so I'm no expert on the ins and outs of its usage, I believe that the sushi ordered in the restaurant is covered, but the sushi at the bar is not.

If you have the dining plan, you probably should eat in the restaurant, anyway. You get their great bread service, and you can still order the Volcano Roll, which is the best sushi they have.

Someone else can probably get more specific about things that count and don't count, though.

While Kona is good, I think Sanaa is excellent. But you probably can't go wrong with either one.

Since you're undecided about the food factor, maybe you could choose by atmosphere?

Kona is open to the Poly lobby, with high ceilings, so it's got a hustle/bustle, casual, somewhat raucous kind of feel. I'm not saying it's unpleasant, but sometimes you feel like a quiet dinner, you know?

Sanaa is low-key, with a smaller feeling space since the ceilings are lower and heavily decorated. It's cozy and intimate. It's a more relaxed meal.

While I've never used the dining plan, so I'm no expert on the ins and outs of its usage, I believe that the sushi ordered in the restaurant is covered, but the sushi at the bar is not.

If you have the dining plan, you probably should eat in the restaurant, anyway. You get their great bread service, and you can still order the Volcano Roll, which is the best sushi they have.

Someone else can probably get more specific about things that count and don't count, though.

While Kona is good, I think Sanaa is excellent. But you probably can't go wrong with either one.

Since you're undecided about the food factor, maybe you could choose by atmosphere?

Kona is open to the Poly lobby, with high ceilings, so it's got a hustle/bustle, casual, somewhat raucous kind of feel. I'm not saying it's unpleasant, but sometimes you feel like a quiet dinner, you know?

Sanaa is low-key, with a smaller feeling space since the ceilings are lower and heavily decorated. It's cozy and intimate. It's a more relaxed meal.

Thank you for your responses! After thinking about this long and hard (that's what she said), we decided to extend our dining plan by a day and eat dinners at both places, lol. :rotfl: Based on your posts and other recommendations, both restaurants seem too good to pass up! Ugh...I really hope we don't gain too much weight.

Thank you for your responses! After thinking about this long and hard (that's what she said), we decided to extend our dining plan by a day and eat dinners at both places, lol. :rotfl: Based on your posts and other recommendations, both restaurants seem too good to pass up! Ugh...I really hope we don't gain too much weight.

I like the way you think!!!! :thumbsup2

Great choice! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter