Sanaa reviews?

bridgetmck

Mouseketeer
Hi!
Traveling in late April and we have a dinner reservation at Sanaa one night. We will be staying at AKL--2 adults and 2 boys (8 YO & 6YO). We've never been, but are adventurous eaters when it comes to food. We were more excited about seeing the animals. Is it likely that we will get a table by the windows? Looking for thoughts on the restaurant in general.

TIA :)

It's easiest to get a table by the window if you get a reservation at 5 when they open. However, when you check in, if you let them know that you are willing to wait for a window seat it won't be a problem. Sanaa is my favorite 1 credit table service at WDW. The bread service alone is totally worth the trip. I also highly recommend the butter chicken and the seasonal kulfi!

We've only done lunch there but it was one of our favorite meals of that trip! Excellent food ... also underrated drink/beer/wine list too if you go for that thing

Agree with PP that mentioned trying for an earlier reservation to get a table by the window - we had one and the kids loved being able to watch the animals while we waited.

Here is the link to where I covered it in my report from that trip, if you are interested: http://www.disboards.com/threads/it...old-new-2-13-15.3324012/page-17#post-52364296

We went at lunch because items on that menu appealed to me more, but we requested a window table when we checked in and let them know we would wait for it. We only waited about 5-10 minutes. The food was fantastic -- a high point of the trip!

I echo the other comments - we loved Sanaa. My wife felt sick and stayed in the room, so we did not get to try the Bread Service, but of all the meals we had last year, this is the one that I would return to hands down.

The food was delicious and had some great flavors. Nothing was to strong or spicy though. My two boys (10M and 2Y) also really enjoyed it. The animals were right on the other side of the windows which was a treat! The short walk from Jambo to Kidani was also nice. There was not much to see, but sometimes it is just nice to take a short walk without anyone else around.

We requested a window seat upon arrival and had no problem, so best of luck! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!

We were there a couple weeks ago. Four of us ordered the bread service which was fab and shared two entrees. The wine list and service was excellent. I could have the bread and dips every day. So good

Not normally my taste buds but love it there, some of the best service we have experienced on property.

There is also a great viewing area just outside the restaurant like a miniature of AKL's but you are closer to animals. Get there early and enjoy that!

For us we normally book opening time for lunch and have always sat at window.

I'm going to be the one dissent here. We went last year and it was by far our worst meal not only of that trip but possibly of all our trips (over 30). Three adults, all of whom love different foods. We didn't care about a table by the window since our ADR was around 8 or 8:30. It took at least 2 hours, if not more for the meal. Worst service ever. We actually watched one table turn over twice while we were there. In between each service it took at least 10 to 15 min. for the wait person to come over and clear the plates and bring the next course. We even waited half hour to pay the bill, that was after she actually brought the thing to us. My food was o.k., nothing to write home about, my son and DIL actually couldn't eat more than a bite or two of theirs, it just wasn't good. They had a similar type restaurant in Chicago where they were living at the time so it wasn't the type of food, it just wan't any good.

Just another post in favor of Sanaa! We've done lunch twice and dinner once. Boys were with us for lunch both times, the first time they were 6 and 11 and loved it. Bread service as everyone says is excellent and I'll echo a pp's suggestion to try the butter chicken :thumbsup2

My mom and I had a window table with an early dinner reservations. This was 3 years ago and she still talks about the meal. + however many for the bread service. It's delicious. She had lamb, which gets her raves years later. I had the 3 slow-cooked choices with rice. Butter chicken, Durban Shrimp, and I can't remember my third. I can't wait to take my husband and kids!

The fun part, aside from our really great view of the animals who were frisky in the spring evening, was that the bird who always hangs out by the window was enamored with the little girl in the table next to us. He strutted for her throughout our meal!

Lunch by the window was amazing. Food was good, better than most at Disney but nothing I recall worth ordering again--except the bread service. That was wonderful and absolutely recommend it!

Loved our meal. I can't wait to go back. We didn't even think of asking for window as we were staying at Kidani and it was already sundown by the time we were dining as we were busy doing other things. Service was wonderful. Food was amazing. It's a wonderful selection and there's plenty for even those who aren't adventurous (like my family)

The app ox tail was amazing and the tandoori chicken was lovely and moist and tasty.

We went to the lounge for a drink another time and just enjoyed the atmosphere. You can also order the bread service from the lounge if you're up for it again ;)

Another fan here. Done lunch twice and diner at the bar (you can order the whole menu in the bar) and each time it's one of the best places we've eaten on property.
Check in early for a window table. They'll try their best to get you one but it may cause a bit of a wait. I've been fortunate to get one 2 x's but did have to wait 15 min past my ressie for one once.
I'd check in at least 20 min early for this request from past experience.

I'll echo what everyone else is saying--Sanaa is a must-do for us, and it's always one of the best meals of our trip. I've been dreaming of bread service since we booked our usual lunch ADR. The only thing I'll add is that you could be there a bit early and spend some time outside watching the animals (there's a little outdoor area right beside the restaurant). That way you'll get some viewing in, just in case you can't get a window table. We've always gotten one, but one time it was a bit of an odd window with not the best view (kind of tucked in a corner).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter