• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanaa or Yak n Yeti for AK Day Dinner?

RafikiTiki21

Mouseketeer
Hi folks! Which would you recommend for dinner at the end of a long day at AK? Sanaa or Yak n Yeti?

It will be me, my husband, and our almost 5 year old in February.

Planning for breakfast at our favorite character meal, Tusker House, with light snacks in the afternoon as we rest/graze. We've decided to make a full day there because we want to dine at one of these and will not return to the AK area the rest of the week. We're staying at GF and would bus back from AK or taxi back from AKL so transportation issues are not a factor after dinner.

We had lunch at Yak n Yeti quick service this year to escape the rain and enjoyed it.

We'll aim for an early (4:45-5ish) dinner at either; AK closes at 5 when we will be there (but appears Yak is open until 6).

This will be our most adventurous meal of the trip-- both menus appeal to me, my husband is more "meat n potatoes" but up for either too. Kids choices listed on both menus will work for my son.

What say you, wise DIS-ers?

Thank you.

Have been to both locations twice. Kind of a toss up depending on what you are looking to get out of your experience.

Of the two, I think we prefer Yak&Yeti TS for the food quality (referring to the steak and shrimp, and salmon entrees specifically). I have also heard good things about the ribs.

The environment of Sanaa is awesome, so that is worth seeing in and of itself. The menu is more limited IMO. The food was good at Sanaa but not really stand out for us. My fish was just o.k. there one year. The stewed meats are very good although the portion is rather small. The bread options are good too.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter