Sanaa or 'Ohana???

GoofyinBuffalo

Mouseketeer
I currently have ADRs for Tuesday for Sanaa. I had originally wanted to go to 'Ohana but nothing was available. I have been checking every few days for an opening and I just saw that I can get in for dinner at 'Ohana Tuesday. Now I wondering, should I switch?? Or keep Sanaa?? We've never been to either. We have been to Poly for the dinner show previously; we've never been to Animal Kingdom lodge. What would you suggest?

I find the food is better, the atmosphere is really nice with the animals. Ohana does have a nice atmosphere at night though with the fireworks.

Two of my favorites on property, so hard to say either is a better decision than the other. Are you feeling like unlimited meat-on-a-stick (argggh!) and a more festive atmosphere (coconut races, ukulele player, etc.) or something a bit more quiet and refined but still adventurous from a cuisine standpoint?

Part of me says that if 'Ohana was your original first choice, then go ahead and switch. But AKL is pretty cool from an exploration standpoint, so it would be a new thing for you and wouldn't disappoint if you kept Sanaa in place. Any chance you could take the 'Ohana ADR and switch Sanaa to a different day/night? To the extent it might give you a little more flexibility, Sanaa is open for lunch, while 'Ohana is not.

We've been to both, but Sanaa many times, Ohana only once. :rolleyes1 Sanaa is a beautiful restaurant that has wonderful food and service. When we finish with dinner, we head out to look at all the animals at both Kidani Village and Jambo House. I also have to look in the shop at Jambo House before we leave. Can't wait to stay at AKL again in May!

Two of my favorites on property, so hard to say either is a better decision than the other. Are you feeling like unlimited meat-on-a-stick (argggh!) and a more festive atmosphere (coconut races, ukulele player, etc.) or something a bit more quiet and refined but still adventurous from a cuisine standpoint?

Part of me says that if 'Ohana was your original first choice, then go ahead and switch. But AKL is pretty cool from an exploration standpoint, so it would be a new thing for you and wouldn't disappoint if you kept Sanaa in place. Any chance you could take the 'Ohana ADR and switch Sanaa to a different day/night? To the extent it might give you a little more flexibility, Sanaa is open for lunch, while 'Ohana is not.
Tuesday is really the only night we can make this switch. I wish we could do both. But the kids picked out the other restaurants and I'd hate to cancel one of them at this point. I guess we'll stick with Sanaa at this point since we have never been to AK Lodge and this would give us an opportunity to see that.

Given the choice, I would pick Ohana. AKL is awesome to explore, but I enjoyed our meal at Ohana more. Neither is a bad choice. Honestly, though, the Ohana reservation may very well have been taken by someone else already - it's a hard one to get.

Edit: Missed the post saying you made your choice - LOL. Sanaa is in Kidani I believe. If you had time (maybe after dinner) head over to Jambo house and check it out. Absolutely gorgeous. I love the gift shop there too. Try the naan appetizer at Sanaa and pay the few dollars extra for all the sauces - they're fun to try and you can save them to use with your main course items.

Tuesday is really the only night we can make this switch. I wish we could do both. But the kids picked out the other restaurants and I'd hate to cancel one of them at this point. I guess we'll stick with Sanaa at this point since we have never been to AK Lodge and this would give us an opportunity to see that.
There are Also lots of things to do a AKL for the kids and the parents. Check with the desk for actitivy times

Sanaa's food is better by a long shot (as it's being prepared just for you rather then cooked in bunches for everyone- you can, say, order your meat to your preference rather then having it the same as everyone else). People have long been saying you can get better meat skewer's at various chain restaurants around the USA (including in Orlando) then at Ohana's, and if you really love the bread pudding dessert, they'll serve it to you at the lounge/bar.

Sanaa is fairly standard Indian with a touch of African. It doesn't have as many choices as most Indian restaurants, but the bread service and the wine list are fantastic. I also prefer the quiet watching the animals to the loud people screaming and running around at Ohanas, but I may be biased. :P It may depend on how old your kids are, though, as well as how 'adventurous' they are: I wouldn't consider either restaurant anything really abnormal to the palette, but I've heard people turning their nose up at all but the meat and dessert at Ohana's and at everything at Sanaa.

Sanaa every day of the week. Excellent food and a great atmosphere while you look at the animals outside.

Sanaa all the way!!!! It is amazing food, great service, fantastic atmosphere. We just went to both on our trip 2 weeks ago and Ohana was extremely disappointing. It has been the last few times we've gone. It was on our must-do list and now it's off. Service is horrible (they need more servers) and they changed the food a tad but it's noticeable (salad was icky, noodles were different and had no flavor and the chicken is thigh meat and slimy gross). Not worth the money (or the time to get to Poly from whatever DVC resort we're staying at).

Another vote for Sanaa! The atmosphere at Ohana is fun, but IMO the food at Sanaa blows Ohana away, and the service was excellent. Definitely try the Naan bread with the dipping sauces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter