Sanaa or Boma

rance

DIS Veteran
Looking to take the wife out for a night without the kids ...any suggestions on which restaurant to choose.

Also Does Boma have roast beef?

Thanks

If the decision is based solely on food, I don't think that you can go wrong with either restaurant.

If you are looking for a restaurant with an atmosphere more conducive to a quiet evening with your wife, I would choose Sanaa. We had dinner at 9:00 at Boma and it was bustling and loud. We had dinner the following night at Sanaa. Our ADR was for 6:55. It was quieter and calm. There were plenty of families dining in Sanaa as well, but the overall feel of the restaurant was much different than Boma.

I will be eating at Sanaa for the first time.

We ate at Boma a few years ago and wouldn't go back for the world. It was easily our worst dining experience ever. The food was nasty tasting, we use the word sloppy looking and taste disgusting. I know alot of people swear by it but I wouldn't go back again. It was loud also and our waiter was terrible.

We looooove Boma. We have been the past 3 years running, but this year we are already doing Tusker House at Animal Kingdom, so we decided to try Sanaa for something different. Looking forward to it so much! As others said, we are hoping Sanaa will be a more relaxing, quieter meal than Boma.

actual dining experience, we much, much preferred Sanaa way more than Boma...Sanaa was much more peaceful and is a lovely restaurant, too. Food is Indian/African inspired...spicy... but servers can steer you to lesser/more spicy depending on what you want.

Boma dinner...well, agree with those that didn't like it. Either incredibly over-spiced with about a ton of cinnamon OR entirely bland & tasteless. And crowds--lordy, long, long, long lines. Took 10 minutes to get first plate...the waiters repeatedly telling people "there's no lines here, just go to the area you want food and get it"...Hah! Try going to an open area of that buffet & listen to all the people in line yelling at you that the "line forms back there"

Boma breakfast, on the other hand...peacefull, no lines & delicious foods.

Well, I'll be the dissenter here, I guess! We haven't eaten at Sanaa, but we did eat at Boma on our last trip in December and it was one of our top two favorite meals of the entire trip. We thought the food was fantastic--fun and adventurous without being too "out there." We had a very early dinner ressie (4:45, I think), so it was quiet and no lines. We would totally do it again.

I like Boma. The food is interesting and very good. Sanaa has a much better atmosphere.

I don't remember if Boma has roast beef, I think so, but can't be sure, I don't eat a whole lot of meat and haven't eaten any there.

We ate at both for our August trip.

For atmosphere, Sanaa is better.

For food, Boma is better especially if you want to try numerous different items.

At Boma (a Tuesday), we did have roast beef. It was quite good.

If you do not like heavily spiced foods (not necessarily spicy hot, but heavily spiced), you probably should avoid both restaurants.

Boma is my fiance's favorite restaurant on property. It was the first time he at on property, and he loves it. We're doing Sanaa this January a few days after the Marathon!

Yes, they have roast beef at Boma.

I enjoy Boma a lot more than my husband does but even I would not pick it for a dinner for two. The food is a lot of fun but it's crazy busy/noisy here. As soon as we are done eating, we are ready to get out to escape the frenzy.

Sanaa is a great surprise of a restaurant. It doesn't have the variety that Boma does but the food is very well prepared (at least as tasty as Boma) and the restaurant is nice. We went as a group of 4 adults and we sat and talked a bit after we were done eating; very relaxing.

Boma is one of our favorites (esp. breakfast). We will be trying Sanaa for the first time in February. :goodvibes

For a nice night out, Sanaa for sure. There's also Jiko, which is super pricey but great for special "date night" with DS in Simba's Cubhouse!

I think that Boma is very good.. they don't have roast beef but they have prime rib. Yummy!! They are also extremely accomodating for people with food allergies. They made my mom delicious gluten free rolls. and for breakfast they made gluten free pancakes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter