• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sanaa-experiences?

I absolutely loved Sanaa and went there for lunch in March. I plan to go back again. I loved the atmosphere and theme of the restaurant. I loved the food and never had a problem with the service. You should get the dessert sampler at the end too, it looks too pretty to eat.

What is that gorgeous thing in the non-dessert photo? I may need to try that when we go. (Yes, the desserts are lovely. Can't eat them, much more enchanted by Meat on Bread. ;) )

Do you think 7:30 is to late to see the animals? I was giving us plenty of time to finish in the park before dinner. I think the options were 7 or 7;30

For most of October, the sun sets before 7:00pm (Google a sunset calendar for your dates), so unfortunately you won't be able to see much out the windows with those reservation times. We had a 5pm ADR last October and it was perfect. AK usually closes at 5pm (occasionally 6pm) in Oct and it's a 5 min bus ride to AKV.

I am booked in December, one thing I have heard is to try to get there before sunset to enjoy the savanna views outside the big windows.

Do you think 7:30 is to late to see the animals? I was giving us plenty of time to finish in the park before dinner. I think the options were 7 or 7;30

@amym2 beat me to it. In late October, the sunset will be before 7 pm, more like 6:45 pm. Because of the lights in the room and the darkness outside the windows essentially turn into mirrors. I'd book an earlier time if possible. If not, plan on getting to the restaurant early and go outside to view the animals before dining.

We've done Sanaa 3 times and have never been disappointed. As others have said the bread service is amazing, as is their stewed meat and vegetarian options. Add in the animals on the savannah and it really is a true disney gem.

This board is a excellent. Sanaa would be ok at 7:30 but so much better at 5:00 and we will be able to see the animals. I changed my reservation to 5! Thanks all. The only issue now is waiting for the time to go!!! 2 months away, Wahh!

What is that gorgeous thing in the non-dessert photo? I may need to try that when we go. (Yes, the desserts are lovely. Can't eat them, much more enchanted by Meat on Bread. ;) )

The meal was Tandori chicken. It is one of the open face sandwiches. Our waitress had recommended it and I really enjoyed it. I was glad it wasn't too spicy.

On our list to hit in the future. I am an adventurous eater ... My wife not so much.

Sanaa is such a unique experience that I would recommend everyone doing it at least once.

Having said that, after our second visit we won't be going back. Not because it's a bad TS, but because it takes so. dang. much. time. out of your day. If you are going there, and then back to a park it's not too bad, but still pretty time consuming. If you are going to Sanaa from a park, and then back to a different resort it can feel like forever since there are no resort to resort buses. You need to take a bus from AKL to a park, then from that park back to your resort. We've had the whole experience take 4 hours believe it or not. (leaving the gate of a park until the time we are back to our resort).

Having your own car solves a lot of that though, and like I said I would recommend everyone try it once and see what they think. The menu is pretty limited, which is also one our quips about it too I guess.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter