Sanaa Bread Service on DXDP, if counts for multiple appies?

gzmtlock

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if we can get the bread service as an appetizers when on the deluxe dining plan, if we use 2 "credits" for it? The $$ cost is actually less than 2 individual appies. . .

I've only been to Sanaa once before, and I was solo, so didn't order the famed bread. I'd really like to be able to this time!

I ate at this restaurant last night. The table next to me was on the DDP, and I overheard the waiter tell them, "get the naan bread with all 9 dipping sauces. It's only considered one appetizer on this plan. (cost was $13.99). They ordered the bread/9 dipping sauce, and two salads for their appetizer portion of the meal. (there were 3 people in their party) It looked very yummy. My table only ordered the bread/3 dipping sauce appetizer. Enjoy!

That's very helpful, BrotherBear - thanks! Normally, I would think it would be WAAAAAY too much food to order the bread service as only one appetizer. But we're taking the DGKs on this trip. They have been raised with very, um, limited palates. We are hoping to introduce them to the wonder of a World of food choices. We won't force them to eat anything they don't want to, of course. But we will encourage them to try different things - and the bread service looks like a great way to do that. Who doesn't like dunking bread in sauce?!?

But we're taking the DGKs on this trip. They have been raised with very, um, limited palates.

1) Pretty doubtful they will eat much from the bread board.
2) The accompaniments have some very different tastes than they have experienced.
3) Additionally, some are pretty hot and/or spicy.

1) Pretty doubtful they will eat much from the bread board.
2) The accompaniments have some very different tastes than they have experienced.
3) Additionally, some are pretty hot and/or spicy.

I agree! I'll be happy if they just try some of the bread! DGS13 might want to try some of the dips. And I'm going to have the camera on hand when our little princess DGD9 turns her nose up. She'll probably end up with mac and cheese or the butter chicken - especially if I tell her the latter is like her other Grandma makes chicken and rice. Worse thing that could happen is we take her back to the villa and make her a grilled cheese sandwich.

(To be fair, she does have several food allergies, so is understandably wary of new foods. Not everyone can assure her that "there's nothing in this dish you are allergic too" like WDW does.)

DGS13 might want to try some of the dips.

Just a Comment:
1) Calling them "dips" is a misconception.
2) These are "spreads".
. . . some folks go thinking of the dip-type accompaniment and get disappointed.
. . . all have chunkies (its and pieces of things like veggies) in the spreads
. . . others are thick like paste
. . . some of the spreads are pretty spicy, some are actually HOT
. . . even the cucumber spread
3) I have seem some kiddies eat the bread (Naan) with the spreads, but most seem to just tear off pieces of the Naan and eat it.

I have a picky kiddo but naan has always been a big hit with him. Garlic naan too if there is not too much green stuff on it. He likes hummus as well. I sold it as like pizza dough without the pizza ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter