Sanaa-"a just happened to see it restaurant"

jmmiller

Mouseketeer
We were looking for a place to eat for dinner after AK and happened upon Sanaa. We've been to Boma's before and LOVED it, but we had it for breakfast. I really just want another reason to visit AKL...my favorite resort.

If we leave the park when it closes and make ADR for 6:00ish, will we be able to see the animals?

Any suggestions on entrees, etc...

We've had dinner there before and the food was very good. Don' t remember if there were a lot of animals at that time, but there were a few. You'll enjoy it!

Depends on when the sun goes down. Our dining reservations there have only been after dark (late late Fall and mid-Winter), so all you could see in the windows was reflections.

My favorites are the samosas appetizer and naan bread (which you can order a la carte, or get a bread service with dips).

We usually order the curry, they call it "slow cooked in gravy" or something like that. But, the portion size is small.

If we leave the park when it closes and make ADR for 6:00ish, will we be able to see the animals?

your ticker says 4 months, so that should be early september.
At that time of year, sunset is roughly 7:40pm in Orlando. (down to 7:30pm in mid september)

so you should be fine with a 6pm ADR, with at least a full hour of daylight while enjoying your meal

Wether or not you'll see animals is up to the animals themselves. If they choose to stay clear of Sanaa's windows, ...

You will be able to enjoy the savanna just outside of the restaurant while you wait to be paged, or if you arrive with a few minutes to spare before your ressie.

Our absolute FAVE TS at WDW !!! Cant wait to go back in two weeks---- we make an ADR for around 5-5:30PM, and the view is amazing !!! Great food too !!!

This is one of my favorite restaurants EVER! The bread service is amazing. And the salad sampler and the wine and the chickpea green curry! Pretty much everything. haha

I've only gone at dusk/night, so I've never seen the animals. I think it would depend on how close to the windows they get, but I've never seen them even close.

I have dined here 4 times and only once had a window. The one time we had a window table, the only animal that came close enough to really see was a bird of some sort.

I have had something different to eat every time and the only thing I didn't care much for was the scallop appetizer. The coconut sauce was too sweet. I'm not over the top in love with the bread service either; it's okay. My favorite dish was the sustainable fish. I've also enjoyed the slow cooked in gravy meats.

OP, in case you are not aware, this restaurant is in Kidani Village, not AKL-Jambo where Boma is located. The same bus will get you there but you aren't going to be walking into the impressive AKL lobby like you did when you dined at Boma.

I am so excited to read the great reviews. We will be staying at AKV, so I'm excited to give Sanaa a try!

Glad you told me about the different village. Is it too far to ride or walk over the impressive lobby?

we LOVED sanaa!
I had the durban chicken and the lamb vindaloo duo, and I am dying to know how they prepare their rice, it was delicious! It is on the 'every time' list now!

Sanaa was great! Good food when we were there a few years ago and we had a window seat so we saw a lot of animals. My kids loved it. We are returning in the beginning of November. Do you think with a 5:30 reservation it won't be too dark out? Daylight savings happens the night before we arrive....

Sanaa is a "must do!" We usually make ressies for the afternoon, as we know the animals will be out and about and we can score a great window table. For the next trip, I am aiming to visit the restaurant a bit later (sundown) in order to appreciate a different prespective. All in all, Sanaa has great food, and great ambiance!

Sanaa is one of my favorites. I was there for lunch Saturday, and my friend and I shared the bread service and the slow cooked with gravy meal (we chose the butter chicken for both options because I LOVE the butter chicken). The kitchen split the entree onto two plates for us and gave both of us the full serving of rice, and it was definitely more than enough food - we didn't finish all the bread, and my friend couldn't finish her portion of the entree. With that said, we still wanted to try dessert, and the dessert trio with the carrot halwa cake, chocolate mousse, and the chai cream was delicious.

We've eaten at Sanaa 3 maybe 4 times, and we've enjoyed it each time. The kids love it too. I think I've had or tasted one of everything at this point. We especially enjoy the appetizers, the tomato soup with paneer cheese and the salads!

Seated by the window only once but hey, you can still see the animals if you arrive early and at dark, see them using the infrared (?) night devices they have on property!

Glad you told me about the different village. Is it too far to ride or walk over the impressive lobby?

yes, Sanaa is in Kidani Village on the lower lever - one flight down from the lobby.

The "impressive lobby" you mention is in Jambo House.

These are actually two separate resorts built side by side on property. Unfortunately, they are not connected thru the buildings. But it's a short walk. (10 mins? or so). There is a sidewalk/path which connects the two.

Each has it's own stop but shares the bus so you can get dropped off /picked up at either one.

Depending on the direction of the bus - you can hop on/hop off between the two resorts if walking is a problem. I think the DTD bus picks up at Kidani first and Jambo second and the Park busses pick up at Jambo, then drive to Kidani. (but double check!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter