San Juan ideas

kathrynlip

Earning My Ears
Any ideas/suggestions for San Juan adventures, either Disney planned events or on our own?

thanks so much and Happy New Year

We vacationed in Puerto Rico this summer and I loved just hanging out in Old San Juan. The forts were very, very cool. It depends on your family, ages of kids and interests, though.

We're planning on just taking a taxi from the ship up to El Morro and then walking back down through the city back to the ship. We just want to take some pictures and do some shopping along the way.

We're planning on just taking a taxi from the ship up to El Morro and then walking back down through the city back to the ship. We just want to take some pictures and do some shopping along the way.

There is a free trolley in San Juan so you don't have to pay for a taxi...unless you want to.

Any ideas/suggestions for San Juan adventures, either Disney planned events or on our own?

thanks so much and Happy New Year

I have been to San Juan several times, this past year we took the or kids ages 7 and 10 through Old San Juan. El Morro and/or San Cristobol are great easy takes. El Morro is kind of a far walk, but El Critobol fort is just up the hill from where the cruise ships dock. Easy to walk and navigate and self guided tour, just walk around.

After that, eat at a restaurant or head back to the ship.

Not much else worth doing in Puerto Rico, the rain forst is nice, but definately do it through DCL. Puerto Rico can be tricky and unpredictable and you do not want to miss the ship,

San Juan is a beautiful and big old city. We just spent all day walking around during my last Carnival cruise. Lots of cool stuff to see and shops to shop in.
Here is a video I took of our day there:
http://youtu.be/4W6PYEyOIyg

You will see signs all over for the free trolley,they are kind of like a regular bus stop sign.

Just wanted to say that we took advantage of the free trolly mentioned above and it worked out really well. Highly recommend it for those who want to just see some of this historic city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter