San Francisco Wharf Hotel Opinions Please!

OregonDisneyFanatic

<marquee><font color=darkorchid>Plays a fine game<
My DH and our DD9 and DD6 are going to San Francisco in Aug. I am having a hard time deciding on which hotel to stay at. I am leaning towards the wharf area since it is located close to most everything. I was hoping that all you knowledgeable Disers could give me my much needed advice. Please give the reason that you liked it, and if you would stay there again if possible. :)

Thanks everyone!

Kristi

We're fairly local and when we stay down there we always stay at the Marriott. Its about a block or so off the Wharf. Anyone you pick will be within walking distance of everything. If you're driving into town, be sure to ask about the overnight parking rates at each hotel, some are outrageous.
I wish I could help you more, I will say though book the room as soon as possible, they tend to fill up fast. Have you checked out any websites? There is one for Pier39 and one for Fishermans Wharf also I believe. Good luck.

Thanks Brutie for the info. I found a package at the Radisson for Cable car tickets, Breakfast and free parking but I read a few bad reviews of the hotel and now I am wondering if I should book it. My other concern is that we will be driving my Suburban down and I need to make sure that the parking spaces are adequate. It's hard to know what to do when it has been forever since I have been there and don't know what the hotel look like etc....

Kristi

Tuscan Inn. Get an inside room-the street rooms are noisy. The hotel is charming and the location is great. Google it and read "Travel Advisor" comments. I've loved this little place for years.

I was just in San Francisco a few weeks ago and stayed at the Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf. I was very pleased with it. In that immediate area (all within a block or two of each other) was the Hyatt, the Marriott, and a Holiday Inn Express. There was another one right next door to the Hyatt, but I can't remember what it was. I'm thinking a Hilton, but I could be wrong. If my company hadn't been footing the bill, I probably would have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express since you get a free breakfast there. (Yes, I am cheap!) I do remember others complaining about how expensive the parking was at the Hyatt. I think they told me it was around $36 a night, so I wouldn't be surprised if the others weren't just as expensive.

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter