• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Francisco Excursions

John S

Earning My Ears
My family and I are booked on the Los Angeles to Vancouver cruise in May 2013. We were looking at the excursions available. We have one question for recent visitors to San Francisco. Is the same excursion offered on both days the ship is in port? In other words, if we wish to visit Muir Woods, is that excursion offered on both of the days the Wonder is in San Francisco?

Thanks for your help.

The Walt Disney Family Museum is closed on Tuesday, so if you want to do that be sure and leave Wednesday open for that.

In all reality there is no need to do the Disney Excursions, they are overpriced and many other ways to do the same thing.

With two days in port, do the further away one first if there is.

There are a ton of tour groups that lead excursions to Muir Woods and such that are cheaper than Disney. Also you can always rent a car.

For things in the City, walking, taxi, public transportation will be way cheaper than anything Disney has to offer.

You have plenty of time to research and plan.

We just did the California Coastal Cruise (sept 16) and did everything on our own. Super easy!

Thanks for starting this thread - very helpful!

I hope you don't mind me adding a question... I saw DCL has a Chinatown Walking Tour & San Francisco by Night tour and I am wondering how overnight port stops work. Is there a "curfew" or can you stay out however long you want? I was interested in the night tour option, but don't want to be locked into an evening excursion without knowing what the evening entertainment is on board, so I was thinking of doing some exploring on our own that evening. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

We did the Pacific Coast cruise in October and did take advantage of the Muir Woods excursion. I am glad we did, because I would not have wanted to drive that road on my own. I agree however, that you should arrange your own city tour. We booked our own hop-on/hop-off city tour and did not go through DCL for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter