San Fran->Napa?

clearblu

Earning My Ears
Staying in san fran few nights taking a trip to muir woods would like to fit in seeing part of wine country any suggestions or places to visit in napa?

Silverado Winery - owned by Diane Disney Miller - also sits on a beautiful site and makes excellent wines. It's in a region (Stag's Leap district) with other excellent reds - not on the main Hwy 29 but on the Silverado trail just east of it. Clos Du Val is there, Stelzner, Stag's Leap ( of course), Pine Ridge. Usually not as heavy traffic as 29. Some wineries require reservations now btw - you should check the napa valley websites. On 29 is Coppola, where he has some set pieces from the Godfather.

Champagne tasting is fun and a bit different - Schramsburg does a great one ( res required). A lot of people enjoy the tram up to Sterling, but I've never done it because I didn't want to waste an hour in the line. Vi Sittui is fun -- they have a deli where you can buy stuff to eat in their picnic area. Chateau Montelena is excellent too - esp the reserve tasting.

My hubby and I always split tastings btw to save money and our palletes -- some places charge as much as $20 for reserve tastings which are usually a LOT better.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Solovino, which is owned by my daughter-in-law's folks!
I LOVE Napa! Lots of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter