• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Diego question ~ Bazaar Del Mundo

LOVE2VACATION

Earning My Ears
I had read some information on this and thought it really seemed like someplace I wanted to experience. I found their website and it really looks interesting and fun. Then I saw a "bubble" to click for closing schedule. Is this place really closing down this month?

I think they are changing ownership. There was a story on our local news last night but I was multi-tasking and did not hear the entire story. Old Town is a great place to visit. Casa Bandini is one of our favorite mexican restaurants for atmosphere and food.

Hey Tink,
Other than Casa Bandini, what other restauants can you recommend in Old Town? Isn't there one where you can watch them making tortillas in the front window?
Also, I've read the Coaster makes a stop at Old Town. Is that right near the sites? We're traveling from Carlsbad(staying at the Fairfield Inn) and would like to take the Coaster as our two kids love that type of transportation. I just want to be sure that we can get off at Old Town and it's not a long walk from the station.

Woo-hoo, my 100th post(finally)!!!!!!!

Redcon1 said:
Hey Tink,
Other than Casa Bandini, what other restauants can you recommend in Old Town? Isn't there one where you can watch them making tortillas in the front window?
Also, I've read the Coaster makes a stop at Old Town. Is that right near the sites? We're traveling from Carlsbad(staying at the Fairfield Inn) and would like to take the Coaster as our two kids love that type of transportation. I just want to be sure that we can get off at Old Town and it's not a long walk from the station.

Woo-hoo, my 100th post(finally)!!!!!!!

The coaster drops off on the northwest edge of Old Town, just a few minutes walk from the center. The place that makes the tortilla's is Old Town Cafe, just south of the park area on the main street. They have pretty good food.

Bazaar del Mundo has lost their lease and a new company is coming in to take over. Most of the restaurants and shops are opening up again elsewhere (some in Seaport Village).

Try the "Old Town Mexican Cafe" (They make the tortillas)in old town.......Much better (IMHO) than Casa Bandini........ Also - there are still alot of shops to wander around in throughout the Old Town area (all set up trying to win your tourist dollars :) )

http://www.oldtownmexcafe.com/

Unfortunately today (Mother's Day) is their last day open. They'll close at midnight and I know some of the stores will be re-opened near Seaport Village and the restaurant will reopen in a space at Grossmont Center (La Mesa - about 20 minutes east of Old Town), which I don't really understand the reason for picking this location, tourists don't venture out this way at all. LMK if you need more info. I'm a native San Diegan.

Oh yes, it IS definitely still worth it to go to Old Town. It is a great park full of other museums, shops and restaurants. You could spend a fun afternoon there. Don't let the fact that Bazaar Del Mundo being closed shy you away from this wonderful park. It is still a "must see" for visitors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter