• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

San Diego hotel rec for 1 night

kirstie101

DIS Veteran
Hi all. We're adding a couple days in San Diego to our Disney trip next June. We will most likely be staying with family for the one night but I want to have a hotel booked in case that falls through. We'll be visiting the Zoo. Can you give me some hotel recommendations? We're a party of 5 so we'll either need 2 rooms or a room that sleeps 5. Just looking for something clean, reasonable driving distance to the Zoo, free breakfast, and not terribly expensive.

Thanks!

We're staying at La Pensione for 1 night on 11/16 - if you havent booked by then I will be happy to let you know how it is.

Otherwise the only other place we have stayed in San D was the Gaslamp Plaza Suites - they were ok - kind of european. the mini suites were a decent size but it's in gaslamp and further away from the zoo.

My Coronado family always recommend Hard Rock.

I've stayed at Comfort Suites on Camino del Rio South in the past. It's a really nice place with 2-room suites and breakfast. It's very close to the zoo and Sea World, also.

We're staying at La Pensione for 1 night on 11/16 - if you havent booked by then I will be happy to let you know how it is.

Otherwise the only other place we have stayed in San D was the Gaslamp Plaza Suites - they were ok - kind of european. the mini suites were a decent size but it's in gaslamp and further away from the zoo.

My Coronado family always recommend Hard Rock.

Thank you! I'm in no rush to book so I'd love to hear your thoughts when you get back!

I've stayed at Comfort Suites on Camino del Rio South in the past. It's a really nice place with 2-room suites and breakfast. It's very close to the zoo and Sea World, also.

Thank you!!!

We always stay at Homewood suites near liberty station. One and 2 bedroom suites with free breakfast...for a party of 5 the free breakfast covers most of the room expense. Nice quiet area. Love it there!

We also stayed at the Homewood Suites Liberty Station this past July. Would highly recommend it.

I stayed at the Residence Inn. It wasn't great from the outside, but very nice inside, and we had room to relax in the evening.

We always stay at Homewood suites near liberty station. One and 2 bedroom suites with free breakfast...for a party of 5 the free breakfast covers most of the room expense. Nice quiet area. Love it there!

We also stayed at the Homewood Suites Liberty Station this past July. Would highly recommend it.

Another vote for this Homewood. We have stayed there three times. Love it.

Manchester Grand Hyatt. Excellent central location. Nice hotel. Nice pools and hot tubs. Good service. Walking distance to Seaport Village, Gaslamp, trolley stops, ferry to Coronado Island.

If you're hear to see the zoo, try Declan Suites. Super close to the zoo. Or try VRBO and look at the Hillcrest and North Park neighborhoods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter