San Diego area hotel HELP! Please!!!

mott

DIS Veteran
I am planning a trip for June of 08 and need hotels in SD before and after our time at DLR. I've found a good rate on the Holiday in Mission Bay. Can anyone tell me how it is?

What about the Doubletree in Mission Valley?

Or Crowne Plaza Mission Valley?

THANKS FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!

I haven't been there yet. But, my family and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Mission Bay next week. I'll let you know how it is when we get back. :)

I've stayed at the Doubletree in Mission Valley(http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SDGO-DT) a couple of weeks ago and I can honestly say that I was very pleased with this hotel. Everything was in clean and new condition, the breakfast in the restaurant(while not expansive) was very delicious, and the Neutrogena toiletries were nice. The location was perfect because it's centrally located to many eateries, Sea World, and shopping. One thing I didn't like was that both the indoor and outdoor pool had a lot of chlorine and my eyes could not stand it. What I did upon check-in (but I don't know if I would recommend it) is that I parked in the mall overnight. You're not supposed to but since we checked in late, they said it was ok...plus, it was free!

So, would I stay there again? Absolutely! Let me know if this help any...

I've stayed at the Doubletree in Mission Valley(http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=SDGO-DT) a couple of weeks ago and I can honestly say that I was very pleased with this hotel. Everything was in clean and new condition, the breakfast in the restaurant(while not expansive) was very delicious, and the Neutrogena toiletries were nice. The location was perfect because it's centrally located to many eateries, Sea World, and shopping. One thing I didn't like was that both the indoor and outdoor pool had a lot of chlorine and my eyes could not stand it. What I did upon check-in (but I don't know if I would recommend it) is that I parked in the mall overnight. You're not supposed to but since we checked in late, they said it was ok...plus, it was free!

So, would I stay there again? Absolutely! Let me know if this help any...

Thanks! Is there a charge for hotel parking? Was breakfast included in the room cost?

I haven't been there yet. But, my family and I are staying at the Holiday Inn Mission Bay next week. I'll let you know how it is when we get back. :)

That would be awesome! We look for clean rooms and comfortable beds. Also, can you let me know if there is a charge to park? We have a king w/bunk beds currently reserved - kind of a treat for the kids.

Thanks! Is there a charge for hotel parking? Was breakfast included in the room cost?
There is a charge for parking. It's like $11/night. But, like I said, you can take your chances and park in the mall right next door for free.

I booked a Bed and Breakfast rate and it came out to $96/night for the weekend because I teach in the local school district.

We've also stayed at the Double Tree and it was very nice. Free cookies, lol!!! Indoor pool and outdoor one I think too. Also on the Trolleyline, in case you don't want to drive. My kids LOVED the Trolley!

Are you back yet? Can you comment on the Holiday Inn Mission Bay? THANKS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter