San Angel review?

Haven't even seen the review yet, but I'm sure I'll enjoy it, as I always do.

One question though, even sight unseen - can't we all just get along?
I know, Heidi. Its supposed to be Valentine's Day. Not a lot of love & chocolates making the rounds on the DIS today. o_O ps Happy Valentine's Day! I already ate all my Lindor chocolates as a treat with my coffee at 6am.:P

I beg Pete to send Kevin someplace that he will rave about the service, food, and price on Disney property.

Oh wait...

I beg Pete to send Kevin someplace that he will rave about the service, food, and price on Disney property.

Oh wait...

I think possibly years ago he did. But let's face it, quality has gone downhill over the (I'd say) last 10-years.

I loved the review, made me laugh.
We haven't been there in years, it was mediocre the last time we went. Looks like we won't be trying it again.

On the rice issue- I went to On the Border Thursday night (sue me, I like chain restaurants!) and they have corn in their rice, no peas.
I went to our local Mexican restaurant last night, they have peas in their rice.
I will happily try other Mexican restaurants in the area to see where they stand on the peas in rice issue.

I know, Heidi. Its supposed to be Valentine's Day. Not a lot of love & chocolates making the rounds on the DIS today. o_O ps Happy Valentine's Day! I already ate all my Lindor chocolates as a treat with my coffee at 6am.:P
Happy V-Day back, Sam, to you, and all my friends here! I successfully denied the existence of any chocolate items in the grocery store before, but I've been starving all day, and just polished off quite a few baby carrots, trying to kill the begging beast in my belly. :faint:

Oh wait...

I think the last time this happened was at BOG. Wasn't there supposed to be a re-visit segment after the 2012 initial launch (did that happen)? Even though it's still a well-themed cafeteria, the food is great. I hate onions unless they're deep fried, but I DEMOLISHED my onion leek soup this past trip. Every spoonful cheesy and the broth was excellent. I also think the amount of turkey on the carved turkey sandwich is a great value (Disney-wise) and that always tastes great. We've been back every trip and the quality is still there.

Cool - I had no idea Caesar Salads originated in Mexico. Very interesting, actually.

Another topic that came up was the authenticity of the food in the International Showcase. And while Kevin was probably correct in most cases, there as usual will be exceptions so I was wondering what the rest of you think. I'm no expert myself on the various world cuisines, but I did live in Japan for one year and thought the food at Teppan Edo was authentic (at least when I went there 5 years ago). Also, I remember on Lou Mongello's podcast on Rose & Crown, it was mentioned that they actually import the fish and chip batter mix from England, and know from my last visit that they also do serve it with the traditional English "Brown Sauce" on request. Any others?

Regarding San Angel, the "Tim Tracker" vlog on Youtube did a review a couple of weeks ago. A mixed review, but they did get some gorgeous video, and had a great time. Is there a cuter couple on the planet than Tim and Jenn?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter