San angel ? Really dark?

Belleoftheballl

Mouseketeer
Seen a review on trip advisor saying it is really dark inside. I wanted to try this restaurant with my parents except its really hard for my mom to see in the dark! She has bad eyes. How dark is this? For any of you that have been to Disneyland is it like the Blue Bayou?

It is a bit dark. The whole inside of the pavilion actually is. IMO, she could have some trouble if darkness is difficult for her. (We actually prefer La Hacienda - and we don't bother with Illuminations seating.)

Seen a review on trip advisor saying it is really dark inside. I wanted to try this restaurant with my parents except its really hard for my mom to see in the dark! She has bad eyes. How dark is this? For any of you that have been to Disneyland is it like the Blue Bayou?

Very, very dark. Take a small flashlight.

I agree with Art. It's pretty dark in there but a small flashlight solves that problem. Just a little dollar store keychain flashlight is enough!!

Yes its dark and I wouldn't suggest it for ppl like your Mom. Instead head across the walkway to La Hacienda de San Angel. Delicious food and it has tons of beautiful windows!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

yes it is very dark like many of the disney rides. i have trouble also tell her to lean on someone take a small flashlight. also have them sit you near the main door not as dark.

I can't comment on Blue Bayou however I can tell you about San Angel. It is definitely on the dark side but it not unmanageble either. The Mexican pavilion although it is inside gives the illusion of an outside marketplace. The idea behind San Angel's theming is to appear as though you are dining on an outside patio in the evening. Each table has little laterns on them to help with lighting. Hope this helps :thumbsup2.

It is pretty dark, but I think what makes it seem very dark is that you are usually coming straight out of the bright sunlight. Take a small flashlight and when you enter into the marketplace, sit down for a few minutes so her eyes can get adjusted. I wouldn't pass it up. It's a really fun restaurant to experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter