San angel ? Really dark?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Belleoftheballl, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Belleoftheballl

Belleoftheballl Mouseketeer

Seen a review on trip advisor saying it is really dark inside. I wanted to try this restaurant with my parents except its really hard for my mom to see in the dark! She has bad eyes. How dark is this? For any of you that have been to Disneyland is it like the Blue Bayou?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. CindyIsMyFave

CindyIsMyFave DIS Veteran

It is a bit dark. The whole inside of the pavilion actually is. IMO, she could have some trouble if darkness is difficult for her. (We actually prefer La Hacienda - and we don't bother with Illuminations seating.)

4. Sweet Melissa

Sweet Melissa DIS Veteran

Blue Bayou is a very good comparison.

5. Art 1

Art 1 DIS Veteran

Very, very dark. Take a small flashlight.

6. partypa

partypa Mouseketeer

I agree, very dark
    We much prefer La Hacienda, for the Food and the Atmosphere

7. DisMN

DisMN DIS Veteran

I agree with Art. It's pretty dark in there but a small flashlight solves that problem. Just a little dollar store keychain flashlight is enough!!

8. Meetmeinmontauk

Meetmeinmontauk DIS Veteran

It's pretty dim.

9. jennylyn_b

jennylyn_b Disney Fan for Life :)

Yes its dark and I wouldn't suggest it for ppl like your Mom. Instead head across the walkway to La Hacienda de San Angel. Delicious food and it has tons of beautiful windows!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

10. J&J

J&J DIS Veteran

yes it is very dark like many of the disney rides. i have trouble also tell her to lean on someone take a small flashlight. also have them sit you near the main door not as dark.

11. P00H1010

P00H1010 DIS Veteran

I can't comment on Blue Bayou however I can tell you about San Angel. It is definitely on the dark side but it not unmanageble either. The Mexican pavilion although it is inside gives the illusion of an outside marketplace. The idea behind San Angel's theming is to appear as though you are dining on an outside patio in the evening. Each table has little laterns on them to help with lighting. Hope this helps :thumbsup2.

12. MistressMerryweather

MistressMerryweather DIS Veteran

It is pretty dark, but I think what makes it seem very dark is that you are usually coming straight out of the bright sunlight. Take a small flashlight and when you enter into the marketplace, sit down for a few minutes so her eyes can get adjusted. I wouldn't pass it up. It's a really fun restaurant to experience.