San Angel or La Hacienda

Daisy21015

Mouseketeer
Which would you choose and why? :confused3

We have eaten before at San Angel and really love the atmosphere there :goodvibes - food is ok.

We are interested in trying La Hacienda but menu seems limited - what's good there? Also, we've heard not all seats are illuminations views.

Anyone know if the beef tacos on kids meal are the same at both?

Thanks! :banana:

Bumping back up in hopes someone can help me decide which one - :confused3

Stick with San Angel or try the new La Hacienda??? Thanks!:flower3:

We ate at the new La Hacienda in Sept. The food was very delicious - some of the best we have had at Disney. My younger son and I shared the La Hacienda platter. It was amazing, and enough food for 3 people. My husband and son had the chicken and flank steak entrees. I thought the food there was better than San Angel, but the atmosphere at San Angel is better. The interior of La Hacienda is quite nice, but looks like it could be a restaurant anywhere - it isn't nicely themed like San Angel. You are correct that not all seats can see Illuminations. I would think that you would have to be close to the window to have a decent view. We had a booth, and I don't think we could have seen Illuminations from those seats.

We had one of our best meals at San Angel and our WORST at La Hacienda. So, my vote goes to SAI. :thumbsup2

Our meal at LaH was extremely smokey to the point of being unpleasant. Yuck. :crazy2:

But, if you are just going for dessert, LaH has SAI beat by a mile! :goodvibes

We had one of our best meals at San Angel and our WORST at La Hacienda. So, my vote goes to SAI. :thumbsup2

TruBlu took the words right out of my mouth!

We were soooo disappointed with LH and we really missed eating at SAI

Which would you choose and why? :confused3

We have eaten before at San Angel and really love the atmosphere there :goodvibes - food is ok.

We are interested in trying La Hacienda but menu seems limited - what's good there? Also, we've heard not all seats are illuminations views.

Anyone know if the beef tacos on kids meal are the same at both?

Thanks! :banana:

I have the same predicament. I want to try LaH, but I love the atmosphere of SAI (haven't eaten there in several years, though, and the kids have never eaten there and would probably really enjoy it). I think it would be cool to see Illuminations from LaH (I'd stick it out until a window table became available), but we are seeing Illuminations earlier that week, so definitely not a necessity to see it twice nor a necessity to see it from the restaurant. IDK what to do either, but I sympathize with your dilemma.

Speaking strictly for myself:

I enjoy trying new restaurants at the World and haven't yet been to the Hacienda, so we will be dining there before San Angel Inn again.

I'm not finding myself too excited by the thought of watching IllumiNations from my Hacienda table - I'm thinking it would feel too "detached".

Although frequently disappointed by the food in the Inn, we do keep coming back for its one-of-a-kind atmosphere.

Don't count on it. They wouldn't let us and I practically BEGGED! :sad:

Oh no, LOL -- well, I guess that's another strike against LaH.

Speaking strictly for myself:

I enjoy trying new restaurants at the World and haven't yet been to the Hacienda, so we will be dining there before San Angel Inn again.

I'm not finding myself too excited by the thought of watching IllumiNations from my Hacienda table - I'm thinking it would feel too "detached".

Although frequently disappointed by the food in the Inn, we do keep coming back for its one-of-a-kind atmosphere.

Yep, you make a good point. Although I like to try new places, my kids haven't experienced SAI (and it's been a while for us) and I know the atmosphere is great -- so, I think I'm definitely leaning toward SAI now.

IMO, SAI has just about the best atmosphere of any Disney restaurant. Food is good (and with everything at Disney, a little overpriced).

I can't picture where La Hacienda is. Does the Parridiiada count for two people's dinner meals in the DDP? Or can we only order from Entrees?

I've seen San Angel from the Mexico ride a couple of times and have always wanted to eat there just because of the atmosphere. Well, I had an ADR set for my next trip so it's finally going to happen. I just LOVE how they designed it. Only at Disney!

I can't picture where La Hacienda is. Does the Parridiiada count for two people's dinner meals in the DDP? Or can we only order from Entrees?
It is new. It's right across from SAI - in the same location as the old CS.

Yes, the Paradilla counts at 2 adult meal credits on the DDP. Two people have to share it. They will not allow a half order for one. We had both the seafood one and the meat one back in December for our party of 4 (adults). Sadly, we didn't like either one very much. :guilty:

SAI honors TIW, and DW and I love SAI. Atmosphere, food, drinks - everything is great.
Would like to try LHI, but not until they honor TIW.

We love San Angel Inn. We've never had a bad meal there and the atmosphere is great.

La Hacienda wasn't open during our last trip. I'd love to try it, but I don't know if I can give up San Angel Inn.

Got to try LaH Saturday night. Didn't get near the windows. Like all Disney restaurants, it's extremely cramped. The prices were higher than I expected for what they offer. DH and I split a platter (they had a del mar or meat, we choose meat). I did not enjoy a single bite :( very over spiced and I left hungry. First awful meal I've ever had at Epcot. My dd (4) got chicken tenders, they don't offer fries just rice and veggies. She ate her entire plate and was still hungry too. -and she's only a tiny thing!

I was longing for SAI or even yummy cantina food served in styrofoam!

We have eaten at both & hands down I would eat at LaHacienda over San Angel Inn. We ate there in November & it was excellent!! The black beans were the best I have ever had & the side dish was with the corn was unbelieveable! We like the atmosphere of San Angel but are tired of paying top dollar for sub par food. I would rather have better food. That's just our preference. I don't necessarily pay for atmosphere. You can take the boat ride in Mexico & get the idea. If you do have a window table you can see illuminations well but you can't be gauranteed that. By the way LaHacienda does take TIW card, I used mine in November. Good luck on your decison!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter