San Angel Inn?

weheartdisney

DIS Veteran
We love Mexican food, and have never eaten in Mexico during our trips to WDW. Looking for any information on the San Angel Inn from those who've eaten there. I've made an ADR for it, but the rating I found online is only 5.6.
HELP.

San Angel is great!! It's right next to the Tres Caballeros boat ride in the Mexican pavallion. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the waiters are super friendly. The food is also very yummy and pretty authentic too, in my opinion. Overall good meal and really amazing scenery to enjoy!!

I just ate there a few weeks ago and was really disappointed. We had been before and I was really looking forward to it, however the menu has changed and there are very limited choices. We requested a table near the ride so we could watch boats go by, but found it to be incredibly dark. I requested the table, so I didn't ask to switch, of course.

I got a salad with chicken on it. It was tasty, but not really better than something I'd get at Wendy's. I give it some pretty big thumbs down, unfortunately. Though with that all said, you'll definitely find folks who absolutely love it and others who would rather eat dirt. We're a wide spectrum here at the DIS. LOL

WE LOVED It. The margueritas are excellent, and our food was really good. Keep in mind though, it is not your typical enchilada/fajita mexican restaurant. Check out the menu at Allears.net and see if it appeals to you. But we really enjoyed it and plan to go back .

It's definitely not "American" style Mexican food (ala Chili's), but the food is excellent. You can't beat the atmosphere, though, and that's what keeps us going back.

I have eatten there three times and I have to say the only reason I kept going back is b/c I LOVE this pavillion, the inside is so beautiful BUT the food is very bland. I also love Mexican and am very easy to pls normally but the last time we were there our meals came with NO sides as in rice, beans or anything and we both left hungry. Now I have seen some more recent pics that show rice and sides so maybe they changed it. Just b/c I LOVE this pavillion I will go back over the next several yrs

We love San Angel Inn. But as PP said, it is not the tex mex we are used to here in the states. It is more traditional mexican dishes. So it is important to read the menu and make sure something appeals to you.

That said, we have had very good food there. Ours was not bland and we enjoyed it.
It is one of the most romantic spots in WDW. With the pavillion being dark and made to look like you are eating "outside" it adds to the atmosphere.

Oh and you must ride the boat ride in the pavillion...so cute.

We love it. The atmosphere is great and it is so nice to sit down and relax after being in the park all day. I would suggest looking at the menu to make sure there is something that appeals to you. We have always enjoyed our meal there.

Maybe the best atmosphere in all of WDW. We enjoyed our last meal there but they've changed the menu since then so I cannot comment on the new offerings. We will gladly go back again at some point, however. It is not Tex-Mex (thank God) if that is what you like.

I really enjoy the mole chicken there. And as others have said, the atmosphere is fantastic. Don't expect Tex-Mex and you'll be fine.

I just decided to have lunch there a week from Monday. It's in the same building as La Cava, that helps.

My boyfriend and I went there for our year and a half anniversary. The food was so good. We both got Pollo a las Rajas and by far it was our favorite meal of the trip. To top it off we got a table right on the water, we had a good time waving to the peole on the boat ride as they sailed by. The atmosphere is unbeatable, the inside of the San Angle Inn is gorgeous and very romantic.

Often people who love Mexican food but don't like San Angel are used to what I call Gringo Mex. Very Americanized Mexican style food. Also, most Mexican food in the USA is similar to the style found in the Mexican state of Sonora, tacos, burritos, chimichangas etc. Mexico has far more styles of food just as the USA does. San Angel tries to bring some of this to WDW. That said, we love San Angel.

This trip we will have a 12yr old girl with us. She is often a picky eater. She loves simple Mexican food such as quesadillas, tacos etc. But doesn't like anything spicy, too wild flavored, hates onions. Basically just likes rather plain with light seasoning and not much sauces, salsa etc. Being that I love Mexican fully loaded I'm unfamiliar with whether San Angel would have anything for her. Maybe order the steak without the sauce etc?

SA Inn has an undeservedly poor reputation. If you are planning to go, be sure to check wdwinfo or allears for the menu and make sure that something appeals to everyone. DW ordered the chicken and enjoyed it, and I got a steak that was better than the ones I had gotten at Le Cellier and Narcoosee's!

Also, going for an early (11:30ish) lunch reservation can help to enhance the already amazing atmosphere because you will probably be seated near the river and there shouldn't be too many people there that early to spoil the ambiance!

Oh, and the margaritas alone are worth the price of admission!

great place on a hot afternoon...so pretty & cool, love the "twilight" atmosphere even at 1:00 in the afternoon. And we liked the food...it is not tex-mex by any stretch. If you're looking for tacos & burritos, not the place to be. If you're looking for this stuff, though...it's a great place to be:

San Angel beverages & entrees
Sangria, full of yummy fruit:
aa18a88b.jpg

Chips & Salsa (served instead of bread)
c4b8558c.jpg

Mahi-Mahi a la Veracruzana which is mahi-mahi(fish) with olives, peppers, onions, and tomatoes in a white wine sauce over white rice
63881aa9.jpg

Churrasco Con Chilaquiles which is grilled flank steak on top of layers of fried corn tortilla, green tomatilla sauce, topped with fresh cheese, onions, and sour cream. Also refried black beans
dea2f6a7.jpg

San Angel Desserts
Flan de vanilla (vanilla flan, of course) swimming in the Mexican milk caramel sauce
b0a68f3e.jpg

Capirotada de Chocolate Blanco which is “white chocolate and golden raisin bread pudding” served with Mexican milk caramel.
8a47152e.jpg

Don't have the name for this one, but it was a white chocolate mousse served in a fried dessert tortilla with fresh strawberries, blueberries & raspberries...and once again, this dessert also had the Mexican caramel sauce drizzled over it.
28043e50.jpg

Someone on allears.net posted in their review that the allears.net menu is not up-to-date at San Angel Inn. Anyone know if this is true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter