San Angel Inn?

wosmack

Earning My Ears
Anybody ever eaten at San Angel Inn in Mexico at Epcot. How did you like it...the setting looks neat, but how is the food?

The setting is wonderful!

However, we found the service to be really slow (and somewhat snooty!), and the food was not up to our expectations of a sit-down restaurant. We've had better food at the Cantina counter service outside. Maybe our meal was just on a bad day, but we won't be making plans to return there any time soon.

Same hear, great view .....but slow service and mediocre Mexican food. It's not bad food, just not great food.

We had lunch there in Oct and it was very good....DH liked it so much we are going to try dinner there in June

The setting is wonderful!

However, we found the service to be really slow (and somewhat snooty!), and the food was not up to our expectations of a sit-down restaurant. We've had better food at the Cantina counter service outside. Maybe our meal was just on a bad day, but we won't be making plans to return there any time soon.

Totally Agree. Definitely won't eat there again but will eat at the Cantina. I'd been dying to eat here so it was a HUGE disappointment to me. Rather wish I hadn't and the dream was still alive...

We're the opposite of some of the previous posters. We don't like the Cantana at all. To us, it's typical Tex-Mex, & only okay for that. It's been few years since we've eaten at SAI, but it's made it's way to our short list for an upcoming trip. The food we ordered at SAI was Mexican, not Tex-Mex, & we all really liked what we ordered. I had Mole Poblano - Grilled chicken breast served over a bed of chicken morsels, carrots, chayote chiles, with the classic sauce of spices and a hint of chocolate $24. It was very good. Next visit, I plan to order Pato a la Zarzamora - Roasted duck breast with berry sauce, served with assorted fruits $26. chell posted a pic & review of it on this http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2153664&page=2 thread. It looks delicious! I plan to have my DH order the mole poblano, so I'll get to have some of both. ;)

We've eaten here several times - it's one of our favorites..... Lovely setting and good food.

Great atmosphere. HORRIBLE Service and barely ok food. I would avoid it unless this is the only ADR you can get.

We love the San Angel Inn and think the food is great, especially the Tortilla Soup and the Mole Poblano on the dinner menu. Those items are probably our favorite Disney food anywhere at the parks (well except maybe the Mickey Head Ice cream bars). You can look at the menu at allears.net. I think a lot of people go in expecting Tex Mex, and then they are very disappointed that there are no burritos, tacos, or enchiladas etc. The atmosphere can't be beat. It's beautiful. It's at the top of our list of places to eat when we go.

SAI is authentic Mexican cusine and many people do not understand there are regional differences in Mexican cusine too. Some guest have the expectations they server American-Mexican fast food orTex-Mex type food which they do not. We have had good meals here in the past with our waiter being very attentive. A waiter can make or break your experience, but guest can also set the mood too. Our food was always served hot. Drinks always kept full with us never being without one. In the Summer, young kids can easily fall asleep here too as the atmosphere is a night time outdoor setting with air conditioning

I wanted to eat here on our upcoming trip, when I called to make reservations. I was unable to because the man said it was being renovated. :mad: Has anybody else heard this rumor?

i didnt care for the pomegranate in my salad, that was different. chips and salsa are not freshly made. the shrimp cocktail was soup with some small shrimp that you had to fish out. the beef tips were good but that's all you got, those in a tasty sauce on one tortilla... got a bit boring.. beans, rice, sour cream, etc. would've been nice. they didnt have the duck tacos appetizer on the menu when i got there which after seeing that on the online menus was the reason that i wanted to go there. dessert was ok, but the bread pudding didnt come w/ ice cream on it, so i got the bread pudding and my DH got ice cream, which was $6 and they didnt give you much, so we put the two together. the atmosphere was wonderful since we had a table for two by the water in the corner w/ lots of room around our table. service was standard. it was fun to do once and i'm glad we did, especially since we went deluxe and ate a ton of other places. i would go again, but i want to try some other places first. atmosphere was good, food so so.

It's my wife's favorite. The food is good regardless of what others say. Be willing to try something out of the ordinary. I had the Mole Poblano ( Chicken breast grilled and covered in a spiced chocolate sauce). INCREDIBLE. The atmosphere can't be beat, and there is a fun ride to boot.:thumbsup2

AllEars is reporting that San Angel Inn will close for refurb on May 10th. Anyone hear anything on what the refurb will entail?

We've been a few times...not so great service, okay food, awesome atomosphere. I encourage everyone to try it at least once. We're not returning this trip because we're are trying some different places instead. I know it gets bad reviews. It wasn't bad. We're just trying something else.

Well if you're asking my opinion as a friend, I would say the atmosphere is probably one of the best you will find anywhere in D World. Call it tex-mex, call it americanized/mexican, but that's what I'm accustomed to eating and that's what I like. My family of 5 ate here 2 weeks ago. The only reason we would return is for the atmosphere. Even the ride located here has changed over the last couple of years and I didn't like it as well as the old one.

If you've never been, try it, it's just not my flavor.

I was very underwhelmed when we ate there last September. We were really excited about the meal and it just dident deliver. The rice was also very dry and cold. I enjoyed the atmosphere though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter